The Purge: Anarchy (Post-release)

Re: The Purge: Anarchy

The Purge had a neat idea that was totally wasted; why establish that there's a night where all crime in America is legal, and then focus on a home invasion? The concept became irrelevant once the carnage started (and it took an hour to start, to, which was ridiculous).

I'm looking forward to this one, though. It's what they should've done the first time around.

Re: The Purge: Anarchy

Right, disbelief aside, the story was never fleshed out fully. I would have preferred multiple stories converging together for some serious carnage, but I'm no writer and have no clue what they plan on doing with this story. It looks like they will be going from bad to worse in this one.

I never saw the first one. What exactly is the point of having a day where all crime is legal?....and what kind of moronic government would think that this is a good idea?

The movie was just ok. Kind of had an Escape from NY feel to it where a handful of strangers have to work together in order to survive. I never saw the first one and probably never will.

I think there's a common character between the first one and this one.

The whole point of the first one was the kid takes sympathy on a guy being hunted by a group of Purgers and lets him into the family's home. The Purgers want the guy, the family faces the moral quandry of whether to sacrifice the guy or protect him.

The Bloody Stranger they save looks to be in the sequel going by the credits on IMDb, but I don't know what his part is in it.

I agree... this is an interesting concept that was at least partly wasted. The first movie wasn't so much about the Purge itself but the various moral conflicts the family faces.

I have a feeling the second one is probably going to be less of that and more senseless violence. But it actually does look better than the first one now that I watch the trailer again.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back