Prometheus (Post-release)

But we have more in common with Chimpanzees because they have hair. Engineers don't have any hair even though their bodies have areas designed to have hair.
Not poking fun at you, but I am getting the sense of deja vu here. Do a little reading on DNA, specifically about the meaning and difference in phenotype and genotype, our DNA material, and how it is coded.

All life on Earth uses the same genetic material, the same types of molecules to carry genetic information, and nearly the same genetic code that DNA uses to code for proteins. Finding another life form off world that uses not only the exact same material, but the same nucleotides AND genetic coding we use would be a HUGE deal.

Unless there is something that we currently do not understand about DNA and its code that would force it to develop EXACTLY the same everywhere in the universe, finding an exact match off world would be miraculous.

Not poking fun at you, but I am getting the sense of deja vu here. Do a little reading on DNA, specifically about the meaning and difference in phenotype and genotype, our DNA material, and how it is coded

I've done research, and you know what else has DNA? Plants. Are you saying that this banana that I'm about to eat came from an engineer? That would be very awkward. I saw a Venus Fly Trap once and that didn't look like an engineer. Does that beautiful flower outside of my house come from the engineer? Does the bee that's pollinating it come from the engineer? Maybe the engineers think that a bee pollinating flowers is incest and are disgusted by it.

Also, some plants have trichome, which is like hair. Why would a hairless engineer be able to spawn plants with hair?

Last edited:
List of Blu-ray extras:

BBFC Rates Prometheus Blu-ray Extras - AvPGalaxy

- AUDIO COMMENTARY BY JON SPAIHTS AND DAMON LINDELOF [118:38]
- DIRECTOR’S AUDIO COMMENTARY [118:38]

- DEMONS IN THE DARK – CREATURE DESIGN [26:57]

- FIRE FROM THE SKY – VISUAL EFFECTS [23:33]

- HAZARD PAY – STUNTS AND ACTION [23:46]

- ENHANCEMENT PODS:
* THE TITLE CONUNDRUM [2:29]
* PROMETHEUS: THE BOARD GAME [3:12]
* SEXBURSTER [1:46]
* KNICK KNACKS OF TOMORROW [4:30]
* FUN WITH MOLECULAR GASTRONOMY [5:57]
* BUILDING BETTER LOGOS [2:13]
* MAKER’S MARK [1:51]
* THE AMPULE SHOPPE [2:02]
* LANGUAGE OF THE GODS [3:45]
* FIRST EXPOSURE: ALIEN [5:31]
* BODY MECHANICS: TRILOBITE [1:04]
* XENOMORPHOLOGY: THE DEACON [1:20]
* CONSTRICTIVE CONSTRUCTION [1:55]
* CHAIR FETISH [3:53]
* ONE DAY IN AFRICA [1:47]
* THE ART OF TERRAFORMING [1:29]
* BATTLE OF THE PLANETS: LV-223 VS. LV-426 [3:07]
* ALL THINGS HOLOGRAPHIC [6:00]
* WEYLAND’S WET DREAM [2:31]
* THE CASE OF THE FANFIC FAKE [2:24]
* MERGING RIDLEYVERSES [0:58]
* GIGERESQUE [3:46]

- PRE-VISUALIZATIONS:
* PROLOGUE [3:57]
* DISCOVERING THE PLANET [1:03]
* MED-POD SEQUENCE: PG-13 VERSION [4:11]
* MED-POD SEQUENCE: R VERSION [4:08]
* AWAKING THE ENGINEER [6:26]
* PROMETHEUS VS. JUGGERNAUT [4:40]

- SCREEN TESTS:
* NOOMI RAPACE SCREEN TEST [9:29]
* HAIR/MAKEUP/COSTUME SCREEN TEST [10:58]
* COSTUME/MAKE-UP/HAIR TEST WITH OPTIONAL COMMENTARY BY THE CAST – 18 MARCH 2011-PINEWOOD STUDIOS [10:58]

- PROMETHEUS UNBOUND: POST-PRODUCTION AND RELEASE [29:26]

- CHARLIZE ON VICKERS [1:15]
- LOGAN ON HOLLOWAY [1:10]
- NOOMI RAPACE ON SHAW [1:31]
- SHAW [1:15]

- THE STORY:
* CREATION [3:11]
* INTERNATIONAL CREATION [3:11]

- PETER WEYLAND FILES:
* VIRAL VIDEO: QUIET EYE: ELIZABETH SHAW [02:23]
* VIRAL VIDEO: PROMETHEUS TRANSMISSION [06:44]
* VIRAL VIDEO: HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID [2:15]
* VIRAL VIDEO: TED CONFERENCE 2023 [06:34]

- REVERSE ENGINEERING:
*USCSS PROMETHEUS [15:36]

- UNDER THE PYRAMID – LV-223 [23:32]

- TIME-LAPSE SEQUENCE: JUGGERNAUT [1:44]
- TIME-LAPSE SEQUENCE: JUGGERNAUT WITH OPTIONAL COMMENTARY BY ARTHUR MAX [1:44]

Put.
Anyway, here's something slightly ot, but maybe a welcome distraction:

Edge of the Fringe: Alien and Aliens Story Comparison
This has been done a few times overs the years. There even more points of comparison than what he has listed. As a kid, one of my friends was, and still is, an absolute Aliens fanatic. I loved pointing out all the stuff that was rehashed from Alien to him. Still, for a sequel, Cameron did an amazing job reinventing the same story in a very different way. He set the bar Lucas set a bit higher for what a sequel should be.

I'm starting to wonder what could possibly improve this movie even if there was an extended cut. Like the Alien3 Special Edition, it's nice and all, but it won't fix the movie's fundamental problems.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back