Project Almanac (Post-release)

re: Welcome to Yesterday

How is he going to work explosions into this? The man is such a one trick pony (and a bit of a hack) that I don't even bother seeing his films anymore. Plus I think this found footage/reality type movies are about worn out. I usually like time travel movies too.

How is he going to work explosions into this?

Depends on how well armed the time travelers are...

"The raptors were snarling at Arnold when the animal on the left simply exploded...

'That'll wake them up,' Muldoon said.
"
- Jurassic Park (novel)

I'm interested, but not excited. Time travel can be good or bad. Bay can be good or bad. I'll have to wait and see.

I'm a HUGE Micheal Bay fan. I look forward to anything he does! :thumbsup

Depends on how well armed the time travelers are...

- Jurassic Park (novel)

I'm interested, but not excited. Time travel can be good or bad. Bay can be good or bad. I'll have to wait and see.

Ummm I'm confused. What does Jurassic Park have to do with time travel? Or are you just using that as an example of weaponry?

I was rationalizing how Bay could integrate time travel with his love of explosions. Blowing them up would make more sense than mating with them (as in the JP 4 thread.)

How is he going to work explosions into this? The man is such a one trick pony (and a bit of a hack) that I don't even bother seeing his films anymore. Plus I think this found footage/reality type movies are about worn out. I usually like time travel movies too.

Maybe that's how the characters time travel, THROUGH EXPLOSIONS.

Re: Welcome to Yesterday

Love these stupid trailers :D now I don't have to see it since they've showed everything already :thumbsup

Re: Welcome to Yesterday

I know it's produced by Michael Bay, but it looks pretty good, and it doesn't look like much of the movie is found footage style.

Re: Project Almanac

Project Almanac| Payoff Trailer | UK | Paramount - YouTube

After BTTF 2 this is hardly a unique situation, but I am intrigued to know how they handle the timeline problem. Still the trailer was kinda tedious. I wasn't keen about Chronicle, but that movie surprised me and I enjoyed it. Still not sure if I will watch this movie right away during its release.

B2vdl0zCEAAWW8-.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The marketing for it has been...misguided, I think. They seem to be using groups of teenagers talking about the film after having seen the film as their marketing. This kind of approach doesn't seem to have worked particularly well in recent years. Most of the films I can think of that took this approach ended up not being very good.

I enjoyed the concept and storyline, but the filming just wasn't for me. I felt sick and dizzy halfway through. I would still recommend it if you enjoy time travel movies.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back