Predestination (Post-release)

Vivek

Master Member
Predestination is directed by Spierig Brothers, who also directed Daybreakers from 2010. I quite liked that movie as it had a unique spin on the vampire lore with some good world building.

Predestination seems like a cool sci-fi thriller. It is based on the short story All You Zombies by Robert A. Heinlein, published in 1959.

Release Date: January 9, 2015

Predestination International TRAILER 1 (2014) - Ethan Hawke Sci-Fi Thriller HD - YouTube

Predestination Official International Trailer #2 (2015) - Ethan Hawke Sci-Fi Thriller HD - YouTube

Predestination UK Trailer - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Predestination

Just finished watching it... not at all, even remotely what I was expecting.

Not a bad movie, just not the temporal adventure I expected from the trailer.

Seriously...

Ooops, my bad. The bandaged head mislead me, because it´s an image that the movie "timecrimes" "los cronocrimines" used on its poster. But if you want a good timetraveling movie, then you should seek out timecrimes.

Watched this last night. Kinda figured out the twist early on, but still a very interesting take on time travel. I was wondering what the 40 minute bar scene had to do with a 1.5h movie, but it all made sense in the end.

-The Truth is Out There-

Watched this last night. Kinda figured out the twist early on, but still a very interesting take on time travel.

Yeah, in the trailer he refers to him as a paradox,
and the question of "what came first, the chicken or the egg" and the snake that eats its own body is mentioned a few times... and that couldn't be further from the truth... if you try to think about it too hard you'll probably melt your brain...
I'm guessing at some point Mr. Robinson had to have started the process of Hawke's/Snook's character. But even trying to figure out how an outside influence could have started it doesn't make sense. He/she is their own child... how does that even start before time travel was created. Hawke has to take older Snook back in time and pretty much place him in that location to meet his younger female self... and they at some point have sex (which I don't remember happening) in order to get pregnant to have the baby that ends up being them... PARADOX!!!

Not unlike John Connor... the person that sends his own father back in time... to inpregante his younger mother... Total Paradox. Without time travel John Connor could not have existed.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back