Phantasm V - Ravager

Awesome news although I wish Coscarelli was directing. I think they should wrap up the series with this one but if they are planning on continuing the series they might want to pass the torch to some younger characters...younger interesting characters much like the original cast and not some typical Hollywood generic so cool they're boring types like you see in just about every movie made now.

It'd be nice if they actually explained what the hell was going on and basically just wrapped up the series finally.

It'd be nice if they actually explained what the hell was going on and basically just wrapped up the series finally.

I'd agree, except that every time a horror series gets 'explained' everyone throws a fit about how taking the mystery out of it makes it less scary and ruins it.

What the heck! The last word on this was years ago and it was "no" and all of a sudden there's a trailer? Not just a trailer, but filming is complete! That's crazy!

Now I have to rewatch them all again so I can be utterly confused... As awsome as those movies were, I never did know what was going on...

Since this wasn't made by a major studio, I wonder if it has a distributor or not =o

I still can't get over the fact that his name is actually Angus Scrimm. I mean, that's a perfect stage name for a man like that, only it's not a stage name.

Well I think the last one filled some points in. An undertaker named Jebediah Morningside created the gateway and went through. Somehow he became The Tall Man from this.
Now he goes from small town to small town in rural America, basically killing off the population, reviving their corpses Shrinking them down in the process (IMHO For work on High G Planets) and using them as slave labor on other worlds/dimensions.

Damn the trailer looks awesome. According to the article this movie wraps up the story with the original characters so I hope they went all out crazy with it.

Well, I will certainly give this one a chance, but I just can't see it being any more than the same stuff that is already in the three sequels. Someone really needs to do a good fan edit of all the Phantasm movies. There is so much useless crap in the sequels. Just put in the story and leave out all the other junk. Parts 2, 3, 4 could be edited together into about one good two hour movie.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back