Oh no the new Dredd Movie could be a stinker

makes me laugh every time I look at it!

And here is Dredd's new Lawmobile:
5202214303_09cb6e57af_z.jpg

:lol;):lol;)

WTF is up with this new movie?!

This is going to be absolutely pathetic! Looks like the budget is about $500. Like a fan film or something. Plus they've failed to make that helmet match up with the guy's face properly - probably impossible anyway, given that Dredd's face is a graphic invention untranslatable into physical reality - hence the disappointing liberties taken with the design in the Stallone version.

This does make the Stallone version look good lol. I think there are probably better fan films made.

Just had a thought about the bike.....is it possible that they have made a bear bones, ride-able bike, and that they are going to cg/superimpose the major elements of the bike in?

Just a thought......(or straw clutching...)

It's the film's only hope. But I doubt it- cos the sets we've seen are just as laughable - and if they're going to be cg, they'd just film against green/bluescreen, instead of building some half-arsed set, no?

Terrible production values are a thing of the past nowadays. Usually, the films are crap, but not for want of money as in the past. It's almost unbelievable that in today's climate of visual affluence anyone would even think of doing a project like Dredd with no money. Bizarre.

It's the film's only hope. But I doubt it- cos the sets we've seen are just as laughable - and if they're going to be cg, they'd just film against green/bluescreen, instead of building some half-arsed set, no?

Well, it´s been seen that people think that CG would save them money in comparison to have something built in reality :rolleyes

Terrible production values are a thing of the past nowadays. Usually, the films are crap, but not for want of money as in the past. It's almost unbelievable that in today's climate of visual affluence anyone would even think of doing a project like Dredd with no money. Bizarre.

QFT. Now where could I possibly find some Dredd prepro artwork?!

Is it THAT expensive to hire a few Harleys and dress 'em up?

That thing looks like an old motocross bike with a giant bell-end up front. More Flesh Gordon than Judge Dredd :lol

I think it's meant to look like a Judge's helmet, but sheesh, will ya look at those silly little handlebars? My Vespa is more threatening than that.

I'm guessing they must be going for an eighties Mad Max/Escape from New York look. Neil Marshall already made that movie with Doomsday, and it tanked.

Someone get a flashlight!

:lol

But seriously, I don't mind movies being dark. I'm far more sick of the standard movie lighting procedures like when the hero lights a match and an entire room lights up. Sometimes dark images help leave something to the imagination and that might not be a bad thing based on what we've seen of this so far.

That's a horrible shot of Karl Urban. Looks nothing like him, almost like a wino wearing fan made gear. Straight to the $10 bin it goes... :lol

Doesn't DC/Warner have the rights to the comics? Why don't they just make it animated, they're good translating their stuff into animation.

I'm not ready to pass judgement - especially based on a photo. Remember when the first image of Heath Ledger as Joker was released? Most were like "What the frack is that?" - and we all know how that turned out!
I'm not saying Dredd is going to be as awesome as TDK, I'm just saying that fanboys (and girls too!) can get a little pre-mature with their opinions based on limited information about a movie coming out.
Relax, time will tell!

And when people saw the Green Lantern trailer most of them were worried too.

99% of the time when something looks like its going to be a disaster, it will be.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back