New Batman: Arkham game due this year?

While I'd definitely prefer to have Kevin Conroy as batman, the logic that people won't play the game because he isn't voicing him is fairly stupid. The selling point isn't that Kevin Conroy is Batman, it's that you get to play a free roaming batman game with great gameplay. Conroy is just icing on the cake. That's like saying someone will have nothing to do with Batman because Hamill isn't Joker anymore.

I do agree that I wish they had continued the story after the second one. Hush played such a huge part near the end and they gave absolutely no answers.

Why? Sadly it's probably pretty simple.

Kevin Conroy costs 10x more to use than some guy you've never heard of. End of story.

What is it? Batman the Bold and Brave where Oswald from the drew carey show is Batman's voice? I couldn't get 5 minutes into that serious because i kept hearing Oswald.

No Rocksteady
No Conroy
No Hamill

They gotta gigantic hill to climb with this one.

I get they want a younger voice. But he's still an adult. It's not like he's a pre-pubescent teenager. Your adult voice doesn't really change that much unless you're a chain smoker. I dunno. sounds like they just didn't wanna pony up the $$$$

Big whoop. An outside company does a fight animatic in high detail and they call it a trailer. Has nothing at all to do with the quality of the game. It's the major reason I put no stock in trailers that feature no gameplay.

Well they're already catching hell from fans for not signing kevin conroy and on top of it refuse to say who the new actor is. No way they're getting my cash until it's either used or 6 months old. Only the first few weeks is what the companies care about as they expect a game to make the cash back within that.

Yeah, I was on the fence about this but hearing that Conroy's not involved (if it turns out to be true) likely pushed me over the edge on this. Conroy found an older voice for Bruce in Batman Beyond, and split the difference between that and his Animated Series voice for Justice League. I doubt he'd have trouble affecting a voice that reflects Batman being slightly younger, so there's no artistic reason to recast that I can see. If this is true it's a huge disappointment.

TBO even if they got the kid who played Terry on Batman Beyond he'd be good for a younger bruce and acceptable because he's known. I don't buy any of the DC animated or game stuff that has a batman who isn't kevin.

The actual reason they dont sign kevin has got to be the most idiotic aswell. They want a younger voice yet this predates asylum by not many years + hes a voice actor. its not like people are saying when they hear kevin playing batman and go "wow batman sounds old". Im guessing this is purely for budget reasons they dont sign Conroy.

Tag on the fact that from that trailer, if batman is any younger, it's weeks younger - not years. He didn't look younger one bit in the trailer. At least not that i noticed.

You got a point there. TBO it looks like they just used this Arkham City model in the trailer and not a new one.

Honestly, I just find it kinda hard to care about the game once they don't have Conroy voicing and make it clear it's just a prequel. Unless the prequel will play into a future game that continues where the Arkham City DLC left off....who gives a crap? It's not a "protest" thing. It's a "This game just doesn't sound all that interesting" thing.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back