Neill Blomkamp's Elysium (Post-release)

Vivek

Master Member
Elysium movie discussion with spoilers

ELYSIUM - Official Full Trailer - In Theaters 8/9 - YouTube

Release Date: August 9, 2013

Synopsis: Set in the year 2154, where the very wealthy live on a man-made space station while the rest of the population resides on a ruined Earth, a man takes on a mission that could bring equality to the polarized worlds.

Director: Neill Blomkamp
Writer: Neill Blomkamp
Cast: Matt Damon, Jodie Foster, Sharlto Copley

IMDB: Elysium (2013) - IMDb

Elysium: The Art of the Film: Mark Salisbury: 9781781162477: Amazon.com: Books

9450779988_0cd5d2ef2f_o.jpg

Amazon.com: Elysium: Ryan Amon: Music Soundtrack

Amazon.com: Elysium: Ryan Amon: MP3 Downloads

9447997587_0535a3af83.jpg

9448971427_56ac0e430f_c.jpg

Some previous updates listed below

Blomkamp Secures Syd Mead For Elysium
Syd Mead joins as the set designer

Blomkamp And Copley Together Again | Movie News | Empire

Neill Blomkamp’s Mysterious ‘AGM Heartland’ Teaser Trailer in WiReD Magazine

Neill Blomkamp mysterious teaser from Wired magazine - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Great post Vivek, :thumbsup
Can't wait to see what Syd Mead comes up with. Probably a good idea to add Syd Mead to the thread title. Tons of Syd Mead freaks on here.

Boo hoo. No Greg Broadmore? :(

Still, Syd. Wow. I look forward to the neon-lit circular things and many, many fine ruled lines. :lol

Expect the Blade Runner comparisons to go into high gear now...

Blade Runner is my favorite movie. They are definitely taking a step in the right direction getting Syd Mead. I am really looking forward to this.

Viral Site for Neill Blomkamp's Elysium (2013)

Armadyne - Taking Mankind Into The Future

The viral site ties into the upcoming Blomkamp project Elysium, due to release March 1st, 2013. Starring Sharlto Copley, Matt Damon, Jodie Foster, Wagner Moura, Alice Braga and Diego Luna, Elysium is reportedly to be set in the far future on another planet will feature many sociopolitical ideas wrapped up inside an action film.​

Re: Viral Site for Neill Blomkamp's Elysium (2013)

Pretty darn slick.

Damn...waiting for Blomkamp's next offering is going to be incredibly difficult. This'll will be the project that either defines him as one of this generation's greatest sci-fi writer/directors, or a one hit wonder.

I agree, and I'm certainly hoping for the former. I have high expectations for Blomkamp; projects like this and Scott's Prometheus have so much potential to become classics.

I was never so gutted when the "Halo" rug got pulled from under the feet of Neil B and Peter Jackson, and I rejoiced that "District 9" did as well as it did,as an illustration as to how wrong the studios were not to have faith in the pair of them. I realy am hoping that Blomkamp retains enough independance when filming this to turn out a classic.

Never saw District 9 or heard of this guy until now but i like the site at least so far.

Oh holy cow, Wes. It's only the best science fiction film of the last fifteen years. Go rent it now, all right? :p

First Synopsis for ELYSIUM

"In the year 2159 two classes of people exist: the very wealthy who live on a pristine man-made space station called Elysium, and the rest, who live on an overpopulated, ruined Earth. Secretary Rhodes (Jodie Foster), a hard line government official, will stop at nothing to enforce anti-immigration laws and preserve the luxurious lifestyle of the citizens of Elysium. That doesn’t stop the people of Earth from trying to get in, by any means they can. When unlucky Max (Matt Damon) is backed into a corner, he agrees to take on a daunting mission that if successful will not only save his life, but could bring equality to these polarized worlds."

And this private screening was held yesterday for some lucky chaps.

elysium-synopsis-image-600x519.png

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back