Moonrise Kingdom

nick daring

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Best movie of the summer so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocac5Umhb9g&feature=plcp

moonrise-kingdom-vintage-photo.jpg

If you aren't a bit teary eyed by the ending (in a good way) then you have no heart.

Nick

Last edited:
The wife and I saw in last Friday. Great movie! (if you like Wes Anderson's work) I wouldn't consider it his best, I'm personally a huge fan of life aquatic.

Great to see this getting some RPF time. I love Andersons work. The Life Aquatic is in my top 5.

This film is also not playing near me...not even close. Will have to wait for the DVD :(

weequay

The wife and I went to see this today. We were assuming Batman was going to be sold out so we grabbed this instead only to find the theater bone empty. LOL. Anyways, the movie was very fun and had a whimsical feel to it. Dawn cried at the end. If you miss this in the theater it's well worth a rental from redbox or netflix when it hits disc.

It was entertaining.

There were, however, a few moments that took me out right of the picture that I expect could have been handled better.

***Some Spoilers***

The first thing that stuck out was the lightning strike. The lead is being chased across the field by a mob of Khaki Scouts that are gaining on him, then pow!, he's struck by lightening. The next shot the mob is nowhere to be seen. Instead his freinds, who weren't anywhere in the preceding shots, are standing around him, then the next cut the mob is back. The other thing that took me out of the film was Ed Norton's leap into the scout master's hut. It looked sooo terribly fake, and they did it twice! Cringe.

I just got out of seeing it. It's still all processing in my brain but this has to be one of the most fun movies I've seen since Andersons others. High recommended. Now I'm going to think of some small prop from it I can replicate...

The other thing that took me out of the film was Ed Norton's leap into the scout master's hut. It looked sooo terribly fake, and they did it twice! Cringe.

That and the horrible "fireball" that came out after him on the return jump. Looked like they had lifted it from a N64 game and pasted it on the screen. Didn't affect how I felt about the movie in the slightest though. This was one of those movies that looked like it had a $10 budget and still was entertaining all the same.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back