Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I think sky is a good character. I think this show is on the right track and it's getting better and better. Maybe this show isn't geared to people like you.

Maybe, but i let the ratings talk and the ratings state that people don't like this show and especially don't like (or understand) Skye. That's why when ever they have a Skye episode... the ratings are bad. This one which was a major episode about Skye was an all time low.

At the end of the day, that's the only thing that matters.

I am immensely forgiving of the show so I'm more embarrassed than anything else when this show hits a sour note for me.

I hear you... same position here.

For someone who's got a strong feminist mentality, I'd replace Skye with Bill Paxton in a heart beat. I found the characters' behavior of "risking everything" for Skye to be way too forced and underdeveloped. Out of all the characters in the show, hers was the one I had huge problems with and this series did little to mitigate that. This is not the kind of character who has earned the amount of respect where everyone, and I mean EVERYONE will risk everything to save her. Whatever the creators of the series see in her character that's worth having her around for, they need to get to it quickly because having everyone gush over her only makes it worse.

I was just talking to a friend of mine about this episode and he was telling me about a fan rumor I'd yet to hear about here. It does make sense and why thy are trying to push Sky so hard as a main character. I do agree that the main cast shouldn't have as much as a loyalty to her as they have, with what has been portrayed though.

But this theory is that Sky is Spider-Woman. I havent been able to go back to verify but he said the quick shot of her birth cert. was initialed J D, Jessica Drew. Then look at Spider-Womans SHIELD backstory and theres really a ton of things they could do with the show. Also the actress would make a pretty good Jessica Drew looks wise

I was just talking to a friend of mine about this episode and he was telling me about a fan rumor I'd yet to hear about here. It does make sense and why thy are trying to push Sky so hard as a main character. I do agree that the main cast shouldn't have as much as a loyalty to her as they have, with what has been portrayed though.

But this theory is that Sky is Spider-Woman. I havent been able to go back to verify but he said the quick shot of her birth cert. was initialed J D, Jessica Drew. Then look at Spider-Womans SHIELD backstory and theres really a ton of things they could do with the show. Also the actress would make a pretty good Jessica Drew looks wise

:lol I'm sorry but if she turns out to be 'spider woman' or who ever that is... yeah cheap :lol

Good call thought, adding the dots and all!

I didnt think of it, friend told me of it but it fits and could be interesting. Her involvement with SHIELD and Drew's Hydra backstory could be easily worked in with the Clairvoyant, especially if he/she is Hydra related. Also, Spider-woman is actually a pretty interesting character. Its actually a shame they made her sound like a spiderman knock off, since she has become a semi important other character. Though I personally like Julia Carpenter/Arachne a good deal more

getting a bit acid in this thread. Read an article about the Kree and their connection and on that big blue half guy may be a kree lends heavy credence in what skye's future may be and if true is a fitting reason they are making her such a main person of interest. Hey just look at the deathlok character, was not impressed with him in any way at 1st but now he is something, someone of interest in the marvel universe, now maybe we just need to add a miss to this marvel universe and it would maybe just maybe begin to make sense :)

some will like some will not C'est la Vie

J D initials are for Joan Doe, as in unknown female person, same as john doe is for males.

sky is obviously an alien, or else the alien serum wouldve had the same effect on her as it did on coulson, who begged to die. she just had a minor hickup, and then was done.
if shes not at least half alien, id eat my laptop.

I love how you keep saying "ratings are lowest when it's a Skye episode" as if everyone knows before watching what the episode is about...

If you don't like the show, stop watching.

sky is obviously an alien, or else the alien serum wouldve had the same effect on her as it did on coulson, who begged to die. she just had a minor hickup, and then was done.

It could be age.
Coulson is older so the serum may have took longer or had a more unpleasant side-effect. Which is why the machine had to be used to keep his brain functioning while his body caught up.

As far as "strong", "independent" female characters go Skye would fall far below that threshold. That rules out just any mainline female superhero character. She's not proactive, insightful nor particularly enigmatic. She seems to be more about demonstrating vulnerabity than strength. When your dialogue is laden with sarcastic one-liners it's a pretty safe bet you're in a supporting role. I think it's likely she's going to remain a walking MacGuffin.

I'm not speaking as a hater because I'm actually completely smitten by the actress' looks. She just hasn't demonstrated the acting presence that could support any substantial big screen role.

This is not the kind of character who has earned the amount of respect where everyone, and I mean EVERYONE will risk everything to save her. Whatever the creators of the series see in her character that's worth having her around for, they need to get to it quickly because having everyone gush over her only makes it worse.

It doesn't matter if she gained the viewer's respect, the point is that she gained her team's so that's why they were doing whatever they could to save her. I don't get why people hate the character so much.

Hmm , so what we was thought was "Tahiti" is now "T.A.H.I.T.I.," and it now literally includes "G.H." Any thoughts? How about "it's a magical place," does that muddy it or is it now irrelevant?

As for G.H....

After above discussion about GH's size, I went back and watched that scene again. He/it actually is pretty big, look at the scale of how small Coulson looks standing next to the tank. Even if you take into account foreground perspective, GH is still, for lack of a better word, giant.

I was previously for no good reason leaning towards something human, even super-soldiery, because GH sure has some pretty normal looking human features like teeth, nipples, ears, pelvis, and so on. Even the nails could be explained as continued growth.

Now the very scale issue I mentioned above makes me second guess. Really looks human though, just biggg human.

Anyway, take a look at the symbols appearing on GH. Two prominent ones on his left breast, one is very runic-looking and the other looks like a modified swastika. (Not saying it is a Nazi or any known swastika, just describing the appearance).

Below those two are a vertical string of smaller characters on the left abdomen. I can't see them that well, they almost look like Asian hanzi/kanji characters, but if if you could find them out to be runes, I'm cool with that.

There is another symbol very briefly seen on his/it's left arm.

And also, one on its right breast better seen/lit in the first shot, disappointingly not so much in the shot that shows the right breast better.

Any identifiable correlation between any of those symbols, frost giants, Asgardian runes, or such? Guess I'm going to have to re-watch CA:TFA and both Thor films to find or eliminate that idea...

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back