Marvel Movie Rights and Future Marvel Movies

rodneyfaile

Sr Member
When does Marvel regain the movie rights to the X-men and Spiderman? The best Marvel movies have been made by Marvel Studios.

X-men First Class was the best non-Marvel Studios movie. Michael Fassbender and James MCAvoy are excellent actors. I could watch an entire movie of Magneto going Nazi hunting!

I want to see more cameos from other characters to add continuity. Even if its only a mention. A picture of Thing on a monitor behind Tony Stark. Courtroom scene with Matt Murdock.

Can you imagine what it would be like if Marvel still had those movie rights?

I couldn't agree more..
When marvel do a film they do it BIG and BADA** and they are always awesome..
But continuity of the films would be good i.e have wolverine as a camo in captain america (during WW2)

There must be some law genius that can find a loop hole in the contracts so marvel can get the films back!!
But good question when do they get the rights back ??

Honestly, I'm not sure if they want the rights back at the moment. I'm sure if they did, they'd find a way. But obviously they're focusing on The Avengers, so they leave the other characters to other studios. A few cameos wouldn't be worth all of the money they'd spend buying the rights back. But I definitely agree, it'd be cool to see more characters added to their universe!

I believe the contracts were written up so that they have to make a movie every few years or the rights revert back to marvel. Thats why the Amazing Spiderman is comming out, Xmen first Class was made, and Fantastic Four and Daredevil are currently in works to be re-booted.

I wish the rights would revert too so they could have Beast as an Avenger, a Defenders Movie or even something like a Secret War epic movie.

I believe the contracts were written up so that they have to make a movie every few years or the rights revert back to marvel. Thats why the Amazing Spiderman is comming out, Xmen first Class was made, and Fantastic Four and Daredevil are currently in works to be re-booted.

I think that's standard practice for anybody that holds a license to an IP, they have to do something with the IP every so many years otherwise they lose their license/copyright.

It shouldn't even come down to rights. Just do some quid pro quo. Marvel allows Fox to use IM or Hulk or someone in a spiderman movie and Fox lets spidey appear in the Avengers. Cross promotional win win for everyone. That's probably too easy a solution though.

...at this point, I think I'm glad that X-Men and Spidey are outside of the Marvel Movie Universe. It could become a little too crowded in those movies if they were to keep adding and adding characters.

I'm sure we'll see a few more Marvel heroes added here and there, but I think keeping some of the larger franchises separate might be the best for now.

The cartoon series from the 90's handled this fairly well. Remembering the Spiderman Animated series I used to love it when they had the different guest spots every so often. They had everybody ranging from Captain America, Wolverine, Punisher, Fantastic Four, X-men, Iron Man, Blade, etc.

The story Arcs were well done and they flowed well together. Hell, even spiderman showed up in an X-men story IIRC. Point is they worked and worked well, something i wish the studios would reference. Like cboath said if they worked together it'd be mutually beneficial.

another question how come stan lee still does the camo roles in the spiderman films if marvels don't have the rights ? Just confused me

I wish the rights would revert too so they could have Beast as an Avenger, a Defenders Movie or even something like a Secret War epic movie.

A Secret Wars movie would have to be a trilogy of it's own just for the sheer number of characters and the storyline.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back