Man of Steel costume thread

batfan10

Sr Member
discuss..

manofsteelsupermanbig.jpg

image does not seem to work so heres the link
http://www.comingsoon.net/nextraimages/manofsteelsupermanbig.jpg

It totally blows. Too dark, I despise the texture, and why, oh, WHY do they feel they have to make his chest shield a big, plastic monstrosity??? And they wonder why the Reeve suit grows more and more beloved as the years pass. I miss the good ol' days when movie makers had common sense.

That's just terrible.

Cavill himself doesn't look too bad.. that costume is just terrible. The texture, the 'S' looks like a pasted on afterthought (and it doesn't look like the classic 'S') and no red shorts?

I kinda like it. Just missing the curl in the hair though. We will have to wait and see in daylight what this looks like. Could just be the lighting, but it looks too dark blue to me. That's the only thing I'd change. Love the cape, boots, S shield.. not digging the texture, but I've grown used to superhero suit textures over the last 10 years. We'll have to see it in action to really judge it. I like that he bulked up, looks like a pretty strong Superman to me, Bigger than Routh anyway.

I don't mind that raised texture of the suit. But Henry's face doesn't have that classic Superman look and charm, perhaps it's due to the fact that this is a fight scene. Need to see more.

3 words.

No Red Trunks!.

this is same new version of superman from the new DC relaunch comic book. personally it just doesn't feel like Superman it feels like someone playing him. does that make sense?

there's an edited version that's been brighten up a bit in PS. you can tell there's no red trunks. its all blue suit with the metal belt. very similar to the new suit in the comics introduced last month.

newsuperman2011.jpg

I really like it.
I mean, think about it - they could have REALLY gone in a totally new direction with the suit - same thing with Returns, but they kept the basic design elements and modernized it. I think it looks really cool and it looks like the red briefs are a thing of the past.
I will have to warm up to the new logo - I was quite fond of the Returns style (shape not size) but i DO like what they did with the new boots and cape.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back