Mad Max: Fury Road

fr7.jpg

I'm not real sure about this . . . person? Lord Furiosa? Whoever it is or whatever is it, it's just weird looking.

fr7.jpg

I'm not real sure about this . . . person? Lord Furiosa? Whoever it is or whatever is it, it's just weird looking.

In this context yes, but thats the Toecutter! (Hugh Keays-Byrne):cool and he`s packing new looking heat, not some methane powered dart launcher or something lame like that.:lol

If anything, this looks to be the darkest Max so far, are those human flesh face masks I see there? The story board with a MM2 behind the wheel is a fantastic tease, is it?, will it?, is he?, nice. Dont mean Mel BTW, just Hardys look.

Could be a rework of MM2 or maybe the whole three to establish Hardy as the new Max with the future in mind or if the Mel like storyboard can be trusted, could be between 1 and 2 as previously suggested, will cling on to the Great Northern Tribe theory for as long as I can, anyway, this leaks a good one.

Looks like we posted at the same time Curtis.:facepalm

Hah!

That storyboard with Max behind the wheel must be flipped, or they cut off the wrong sleeve. :)

Looking at that staff, it appears the Totenkopf is still a popular design element in the wasteland.

Well, so far this gives no hint of anything mid-series in the timeline. This looks like a full-on primitive world like we saw in MM#3. It might not be after #3 but it is probably at least after #2.

I'm kinda disappointed. I actually wanted to see something more in between the world of #1 and #2. The crumbling of the known civilized society would have been cool to portray on a larger scale than they had the resources to show back when they did the first one. Potentially more interesting too. Once you get to the era of #2 and #3 in the timeline it's basically a cartoon. Potentially fun to watch but there's nothing for the adult brain to get interested in.

Maybe they avoided doing anything near MM#1 because of the fact that it originally showed a "near future" of 30 years ago that didn't come to pass quite like that. What would they do, show it looking like the 1970s again and still be calling it the future?

The best way to deal with that problem might be to declare the entire MM franchise an alternate timeline from our own. In the MM world the USA and USSR really did go to nuclear war in the 1980s and nuked the planet back to the stone age.

Well, so far this gives no hint of anything mid-series in the timeline. This looks like a full-on primitive world like we saw in MM#3. It might not be after #3 but it is probably at least after #2.

I'm kinda disappointed. I actually wanted to see something more in between the world of #1 and #2. The crumbling of the known civilized society would have been cool to portray on a larger scale than they had the resources to show back when they did the first one. Potentially more interesting too. Once you get to the era of #2 and #3 in the timeline it's basically a cartoon. Potentially fun to watch but there's nothing for the adult brain to get interested in.

Maybe they avoided doing anything near MM#1 because of the fact that it originally showed a "near future" of 30 years ago that didn't come to pass quite like that. What would they do, show it looking like the 1970s again and still be calling it the future?

The best way to deal with that problem might be to declare the entire MM franchise an alternate timeline from our own. In the MM world the USA and USSR really did go to nuclear war in the 1980s and nuked the planet back to the stone age.

Sir Ridley Scott faced the same situation with Prometheus, gezz, I get nervous just writing it, and I think he handled it best by not addressing it.
I was up for a prequel, boundless joy with young Max and Jim Goose getting around Sun City mussin up all kinds of hair. Being a little selfish as well as I`d love to see Max back home with a big budget recreation of late seventies Melbourne.
Seeing Hugh Keays-Byrne back in a bad guy role is enough to get me excited, he`s a quality actor, Dr Millers got some heavy hitters on this, in theory, it sets a high standard for all the other elements of production to strive for, mainly the writing.

Oh I remember the Toecutter lol I just didn't know if this character was also named Toecutter

Soz, I didnt phrase it very well.:$

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back