Lot of rumors Trek is returning to tv

why not new series with new ship/crew that has alot of stuff from voyager added to it? after all it took back borg technology, future technology and lots more. potential enough there for a good writer.

Someone made a point that a new Star Trek show just wouldn't fit into the kind of channel that CBS is currently. Even saying that it would have a better chance being on Showtime (owned by CBS) than CBS itself.

FIX STAR TREK!

Get back to the roots and tell compelling Sci Fi tales that Trek could once do so very well.

Agreed. There are so many things that they did right in TOS that they have never done well in any other series. As far as I'm concerned, Star Trek ended in the 60s. The rest has all been crap.

I don't think there's a tv show I want more than new trek. Not even live action star wars. If they set it post Voyager it would make my day.
Similarly to how I always expected more star wars movies to be made, I'm sure trek back on tv will happen eventually. Just a matter of when.

I'm sorry, but while the fan stuff may have good stories, the acting in them is so horrible I want to gouge out my eyes and rip out my eardrums. The different tv series of Star Trek may not have had award-worthy acting, but it never made me want to do that.
Well ours has a cast of mostly professional actors, but most productions don't. It's also really hard to have pros in it because once they go SAG we have to replace them. Plus most fan productions come from people being fans and not from them being professional filmmakers.

All costs are out of pocket since we can't make money or fundraise, so that plays into quality too.

Well hopefully with SW taking off again and all the studios seemingly scrambling to put together a Marvel-esque movie plan, someone over there will decide they better get ST back on TV soon.

Latinoreview: "So new Star Trek series happening & going to Netflix 2016 called STAR TREK GALAXY with Bryan Singer involved :) I'm happy. NO APRIL FOOLS"

Which means it's likely April Fools.

Just goes to show what hacks latino review has
For the duds they have reported, they have dozens more real scoops to prove that they are more than mere hacks. Let's give credit where credit is due.

Umberto Gonzalez from Latino Review aka elmayimbe on Twitter.

elmayimbe: "Guys, Waingro over at flatline is going to confirm our Star Trek TV story today. So heads up when he arrogantly doesn't give us credit."

He is referring to Deadline.com. The site publishes exclusive/breaking stories from time to time mainly due to the news given directly by the studio. But they are also known to publish stories which was taken from other sites which had the exclusive scoop first, but Deadline never credits those sites and publishes them as their own.

Anyways, this rumor might lead to something after all. Star Trek on Netflix, didn't see that coming.

elmayimbe: "No April Fools. The Star Trek TV story is real. It's going to Netflix."

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back