John Dies At The End (Post-release)

Birdie

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Dunno if anyone has caught this yet?

It's the new movie from Don Coscarelli (Phantasm, Bubba Hotep) based on Cracked writer Jason Pargin's novel.

The movie is about two slacker types, Dave and John, who become demon fighters after taking a mind-bending drug called Soy Sauce that gives them special powers to take out creatures from another dimension.

For a low budget flick I thought the movie was tons of funs - lots of Coscarelli's usual whacked out visual flair and black humour. And some pretty wicked props...would love John's Bible Belter bat...

JohnDiesAtTheEnd.jpg

re: John Dies At The End (Post-release)

Dunno if anyone has caught this yet?

It's the new movie from Don Coscarelli (Phantasm, Bubba Hotep) based on Cracked writer Jason Pargin's novel.

The movie is about two slacker types, Dave and John, who become demon fighters after taking a mind-bending drug called Soy Sauce that gives them special powers to take out creatures from another dimension.

For a low budget flick I thought the movie was tons of funs - lots of Coscarelli's usual whacked out visual flair and black humour. And some pretty wicked props...would love John's Bible Belter bat...

JohnDiesAtTheEnd.jpg

Wait, this was made into a movie, and has already been released?? Really? I just got "This Book is Full of Spiders" for X-Mas. I will have to check this out. Thanks Birdie.

I don't know if it's in select theaters yet.but a few people I know have seen it online. The books were awesome! After reading the book I had to make this:

SoySaucepills_zps0b2f98b7.jpg

Now I need to make that Bible Belter!

The film is, ahem, available online.

Love the Soy Sauce container!

Thanks guys. I'll find it tonight. Yeah,the book are great. I just need to find time to start "Spiders". But a movie. Awesome.

Oh,nice close-ups of the Belter! Is it a baseball bat in the film or a billy club? It looks kinda skinny in the one shot in his hand.

It's a bat.

2lw6ohl.jpg

Nearly forgot the Weiner Phone:

2dse548.jpg

And :lol

2le2n46.jpg

I heard they replaced Molly though in the movie...a small complaint I guess but still!

I heard they replaced Molly though in the movie...a small complaint I guess but still!

Apparently they could not get the dog in the movie to react properly to the name Molly, so they kept his real name (Bark Lee).

A couple of the characters have been morphed into one, also. The character of Amy in the movie is closer to Jennifer Lopez from the book.

Las Vegas and a lot of other bits and pieces from the book are skipped.

wtf did i just watch

this was so weird and awesome at the same time, i am still not sure how i feel.

cool movie

Thanks for pointing this out will watch it tommorow

Looking forward to it!

Ha, I watched this last night too, didn't even know there was a thread. Low budget shows quite a bit, a lot of themes not developed enough vs. the book, and some of the acting and direction/editing...er, 'quirky' and 'flair' would be kinda, um, kind words. Funny though!

I did not know that was David Wong's real name.

I thought it was brilliant. Kind of like a acid trip version of "Bill and Ted's excellent adventure" :)

Quirky, funny, odd and some pretty decent acting.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back