Jobs (Post-release)

Vivek

Master Member
Jobs movie discussion with spoilers.

Jobs Official Trailer #1 (2013) - Ashton Kutcher Movie HD - YouTube

Release Date: August 16, 2013

Synopsis: The story of Steve Jobs' ascension from college dropout into one of the most revered creative entrepreneurs of the 20th century.

Director: Joshua Michael Stern
Writer: Matt Whiteley
Cast: Ashton Kutcher, Dermot Mulroney, Josh Gad, Lukas Haas

IMDB: Jobs (2013) - IMDb

9514568575_e54ffa6164_c.jpg

Attachments

• 9514568575_e54ffa6164_c.jpg
    572.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 9514568575_e54ffa6164_c.jpg
    572.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited by a moderator:
Can't believe they're making a movie about this tyrant. Hard to believe kutcher got the job but be nice to see him not play a moron for once.

When Ashton Kutcher's casting for this movie was announced, I wasn't sure he could pull it off. But this trailer and his performance looks promising for now.

Despite the many opinions regarding Steve Jobs, being an Apple fan that I am, I got tears in my eyes just seeing that concept drawing for the iMac. I was there man. I was there day one. I wish I still had that "countdown to the iMac" page I printed out from apple.com.

Well, Jobs, among a few others, helped shaping the IT world as we know it today. Just happens he was the most charismatic of them. You can't deny the impact of his company, look around, see how many Apple devices you see. So, technically, it's just a movie about the "American Dream", how a man can start from nothing and become successful. I'll be sure to check it, will be a refreshing change from all those action packed movies !

I thought that Noah Wyle did a great portrayal of Steve Jobs in Pirates of Silicon Valley. I think Ashton Kutcher as Steve Jobs sounds too much like Kelso.
I hope that this movie will not be a fan tribute to Jobs, but that it can show how much of an ego-centric eccentric jerk that he actually was. An inspirational jerk that changed the computing world, for sure.

I don't know... I'm a big Apple fan - I love their concentration on design and bringing digital tools to the masses as nearly invisible appliances, but nothing about this movie has me excited to see it. I'll probably skip it - maybe it's just "Jobs" overload, but there are TONS of people who work at Apple, and despite what some people want us to think, it's NOT just one man with a vision.

Kutcher's actually a pretty decent actor if he's given good material to work with. Those gigs seem few and far between, though.

Not sure if I want to see this or not.. Seems to appeal mainly to Apple fans, and I'm no longer counted among those.

GROAN.

As I suspected instead of being a real bio pic it's clearly going to be a stroke fest for Jobs. "One man can start a revolution" "One innovator"...

BS. Jobs was a genius business man and you can never take that away from him but his success is in marketing and capitalizing on other people's work.

Again, NOTHING wrong with that and Apple wouldn't be what it is today without him but to build him up as some kind of tech God is nonsense. That's like saying George Lucas is a brilliant writer and director. NO. He's one of the greatest producers of all time though.

On a side note, looks like Ashton pulls it off well.

Will the movie go into his illegitimate child that he refused to even acknowledge existed?

Guy was a ****** and I hope they show it.

Last edited:
Yes, you can see in the trailer at 1:40 he holds a letter "dear daddy can I come see you soon ?" signed Lisa. That and his famous bad temper are part of he was, but it seems this movie will show both these flaws. We get glimpses of his temper in the trailer too by the way.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back