ISO: Photographic evidence of ARNOLD'S height! Who here has gotten their pic w/him?

The Wook

Master Member
I've heard a lot of rumors lately that Arnold Schwarzenegger was never even close to his listed height of 6' 2" during his bodybuilding days, that he was in fact barely 6' in his prime, and that today he has shrunk to anywhere from 5' 8" to 5' 11.

Who's had their pic taken side by side with the Governator?? Please post it here!

The Wook

Re: ISO: Photographic evidence of ARNOLD'S height! Who here has gotten their pic w/

seems like i got my measurement calculation from EU to US wrong xD

Re: ISO: Photographic evidence of ARNOLD'S height! Who here has gotten their pic w/

The guy on the left in this picture is 6'2".

mcguinty_andschwarzenegger.jpeg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpeg

However, I've also heard that he wears lifts. Hard to tell.

Wook, you and I have stood next to each other. However much I slouch at times I am still just over 6'2". Back when Eraser was filming I could stand face to face with Arnold and look over his head.

My bro is a police officer who was part of a security detail for Arnold a couple of years back. At 5' 9", he said that Arnold was only BARELY taller than he was. Weirdly, he said the most striking thing about him was the size of his hands. He said when he shook hands with him his fingers reminded him of bananas. :lol

In related news, I'm between 6' 3" - 6' 4", & during the recent Mega-Con, I walked right past (we almost made contact) Lou Ferrigno, who is purported to be 6' 4", & I was looking WELL over the top of his high-80s-hair-do.

I'll bet they ALL exaggerated back in the dizzay.

Wook, you and I have stood next to each other. However much I slouch at times I am still just over 6'2". Back when Eraser was filming I could stand face to face with Arnold and look over his head.

Dang, Rob...that puts Arnie at what...5'11" tops??

And Eraser was, IIRC, circa the mid-90s. Almost 20 years ago, when you consider when it was filmed.

Did that blow your image of him?

The Wook

My mom saw him at some event a few years ago and said he was short. She's 5'3".

At 5' 9", he said that Arnold was only BARELY taller than he was. Weirdly, he said the most striking thing about him was the size of his hands.
I'll bet they ALL exaggerated back in the dizzay.

Finally... this fact gets around!

I met Arnold in 1994 (at the "True Lies" premiere), and he was roughly the same height as me (5' 9") back then. I do not know whether or not he wore lifts though.

And the most striking thing about his physique is how small his head was/is - guess that is the reason why he looks so huge!

I don't get why guys get so insecure about their height. I mean, if you're five foot five or something, maybe, but why spend your lifetime lying if you're Arnie? It doesn't make any sense.

I don't get why guys get so insecure about their height. I mean, if you're five foot five or something, maybe, but why spend your lifetime lying if you're Arnie? It doesn't make any sense.
It's an ego thing.

Some years ago during a mini-vacation to Las Vegas my wife and I visited Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum. The young lady who sold us our tickets informed us that the heights of two of their figures (at that time) were inaccurate; Michael Jordan's figure is 2" shorter than he really is because he wasn't available for measurement when they started, and Sylvester Stallone's figure is taller than he really is because he asked them to add 4" to his height. I thought that was funny because I'm sure Stallone thought he was getting away with something, but then they tell everyone who walks in the door. :D

About height you need to realize these people are expected to be larger than life in both film and in person. Its a tough task to keep your game face on every time your out in public. Look what happened to Mel years ago when he spouted off yet comedians do worse on the norm.

Speaking of tiny heads, Tom Cruise.

No surprise, Hollywood is like the NBA... everyone overstates their height. Arnold and Lou are surprising though, they look massive on screen, but then again you gotta figure their counterparts on the set are even shorter.

I met him at universal studios when I was in high school during the filming of "Junior" I'm 6' and was taller than him.

and he has really small hands.

I met him at universal studios when I was in high school during the filming of "Junior" I'm 6' and was taller than him.

and he has really small hands.

Noooo, not "small hands", too! His hands always looked huge. WTF?!

He's 5 foot something, with a really small head, and really small hands! LOL

My image of Ahnold is being SHATTERED here people! :cry Good grief! lol

The Wook

Yes, I would agree that the one thing that shocked me when the first time I met Arnold (Planet Hollywood, London opening '94) was that he was shorter than me (6'4").

I will say though that he is incredibly wide. Box-like. Even at The Expendables 2 premiere he had that same size.

Yes, I would agree that the one thing that shocked me when the first time I met Arnold (Planet Hollywood, London opening '94) was that he was shorter than me (6'4").

I will say though that he is incredibly wide. Box-like. Even at The Expendables 2 premiere he had that same size.

I suppose it's impressive that Arnold and Sly at their heights were able to bulk up to that degree, somewhere in the 225-250 lb range at their primes. As someone who's been lifting weights for quite a while and never been able to break over the 200 lb mark (uh, with muscle weight, not fat), what those 2 were able to do requires serious dedication (and steroids).

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back