I, Frankenstein (Post-release)

kalkamel

Master Member

I think Eckhart probably had it stipulated in his contract for this movie that he wants the least makeup possible for his character. :lol

Last edited by a moderator:
This is probably the most far removed from the source material adaptation of Frankenstein I have ever seen, if not the furthest removed from any source material, ever.

This is probably the most far removed from the source material adaptation of Frankenstein I have ever seen, if not the furthest removed from any source material, ever.

I think I read somewhere that this was based in a comic book or something. I could be wrong though.

I've always thought one of the best looks for the monster was those old Marvel comic versions of Frankenstein's Monster from the 70s. I don't remember who that artist was but man, he drew a great version Victor's creation.

The trailer makes me think of the Hugh Jackman's Van Helsing movie a few years back. It had flying vampires...Dracula wanting to make Artificial babys by using Frankensteins reanimation machine.

Im really exited for this one :)

Looks interesting enough, definitely not Mary Shelly's Frakenstein, that's for sure. It seems like it's almost a remake of Underworld but with Frankenstein's monster vs. demons(?) instead of vampires & werewolves, hell, it even has Bill Nighy in it. My biggest complaint about it is that Aaron Eckhart just looks too damn good, they really needed to give him more makeup to look more like a monster and not just a pretty boy with a few scars on his face. With the way he looks now I about laughed when he said the line about him being a monster and I think that a lot of people are going to do the same when they see this movie because there's nothing particularly monstrous about the way he looks in this film.

It seems like it's almost a remake of Underworld but with Frankenstein's monster vs. demons(?) instead of vampires & werewolves, hell, it even has Bill Nighy in it.

Funny you mention that, as the graphic novel was written by the same guy who written "Underworld" (the deep voiced African-American fellow that played one of the werewolves in the first film). I think he also adapted the graphic novel into the screenplay.

"Frankenstein must be destroyed". Once again they got it wrong. Frankenstein was the creator, not the monster.

David.

Did you all miss the part in the trailer where it said, "from the producers of Underworld"? It should be obvious that this movie isn't meant to be a faithful retelling of the Frankenstein story, it has about as much to do with the original story as Underworld did with Dracula. From what I can tell from the trailer this movie is basically Underworld with Frankenstein's monster and demons.

Once again they got it wrong. Frankenstein was the creator, not the monster.
I'm still waiting for one of them to NOT refer to the monster as "Frankenstein" at some point.

I'm also still waiting for a faithful adaptation of the book, but that probably isn't going to happen, either.

The older he looks the more Arron Eckhart looks like Christopher Lambert. If they ever get around to ding that Highlander reboot they should get this guy.

"Frankenstein must be destroyed". Once again they got it wrong. Frankenstein was the creator, not the monster.

David.

But what if the Monster took on the name Frankenstein, as a means of honoring the man who created him after the monster realized its mistake for killing the people Victor loved and forgave Victor for his actions and attitude toward him? Would the Monster still be referred to as "the Monster" or as "Frankenstein" since he adopted the name?

no offense to anyone who liked this flick... but I,Don't Think So.
some really cool CG yes, but to use the name Frankenstein in this is taking "artistic" licensing to new levels.

My "TehSuxxorz" meter pegged off the charts when I saw the trailers for this, but the wifey had been dying to see it since she met Kevin Grevioux at the Long Beach comic con.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391353257.821876.jpg

So when I asked her what she wanted to do last week, her immediate response was to go see this flick. It was ladies choice, so begrudgingly I obliged.

Needless to say, we both left the theater in the same head space.

The movie was just an awful, awful, horrible, awful (did I mention awful?) mess.
Between the ridiculous premise, terrible editing, horrendous writing, garbage physical effects, and phoned in performances, I'm not sure how it could possibly get worse...Unless they tie it into the Underworld series somehow in the future... And if they do that, someone please be merciful and kill me first.

I think, the last I checked anyway, it was at 6% on Rotten Tomato's.

Even that's a pretty generous score.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back