Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    The TARDIS (a.k.a. Waukesha WI)
    Mar 3, 2012, 10:08 AM - How would you end "House"? #1

So, the series is coming to an end.

It doesn't matter if you're still hanging on episode-by-episode, or if you thought it should have ended in season 2, the question before us now is:

"How would YOU end House?"

The show has such a varied history, I think any number of endings could happen without disappointment.

- "Life Goes On" ending - something BIG happens, but at the end of the episode, the team gathers around the table for their next case.

- "Team Splits Up" ending - the team gets new jobs they can't refuse and House is left with an empty office and the need for a new team.

- "Trial" ending - House is put on trial (either actually, or meta-phsically) and he must account for his actions (though, this they already did that this season) - could also be a retrospective when coupled with a "Death" ending.

- "Wacky/Out-there" ending - Something like going out on a musical, or other completely non-serious ending.

Personally, I'm hoping for the "Wacky" ending. Not something dramatic, but gives closure in a "plays-to-the-story" kind of way. I think the only type of ending I wouldn't be satisfied with is the "It was all a dream" type of ending - I just really hate those - it was cleaver ONCE in the history of TV.
  2. Member Since
    Sep 2011
    From
    California
    Mar 3, 2012, 10:18 AM - #2

Trail/Death ending.
  3. Valar Morghulis RPF Premium Member Serenity's Avatar
    From
    over there
    Mar 3, 2012, 10:31 AM - Re: How would you end "House"? #3

Personally, I think he should finally decide to have his leg amputated so he no longer has the constant pain. It would show that he's finally letting go and moving on with his life.

Of course, the show runners seem to always press the idea that nobody ever really changes, so I doubt this will happen...
    Mar 3, 2012, 10:46 AM - Re: How would you end "House"? #4

I think it should be an "it was all a delusion" ending, with House being put back in a
    straight jacket and led away...............cause he's so freakin' mental............

Shylaah
    From
    Sweden
    Mar 3, 2012, 11:00 AM - Re: How would you end "House"? #5

House and his friends sits in a dinner and we hear the door bell "pling" and then Darkness..........................and credits roll.
    From
    New York, NY
    Mar 3, 2012, 12:19 PM - Re: How would you end "House"? #6

I was a big fan of House for a long time, but I haven't been watching the past season. Seems like he's gone through everything crazy already (jail, rehab, operating on himself and barely surviving), so it's hard to think about something really out there...
  7. rodneyfaile is offline rodneyfaile
    Mar 3, 2012, 12:33 PM - Re: How would you end "House"? #7

House gets HIV
    Last edited by rodneyfaile; Mar 3, 2012 at 9:22 PM.
    From
    Cannukada
    Mar 3, 2012, 1:32 PM - Re: How would you end "House"? #8

Hugh Laurie wakes up next to Suzanne Pleshette. Actually, that's how I'd end Clone Wars too...

I like the "mental patient" idea though - it would go a long long way to addressing the weekly find a magical cure through prednazone rinse-repeat the show became after season 2.
  9. RPF Janitor RPF Premium Member Lear60man's Avatar
    Mar 3, 2012, 1:53 PM - Re: How would you end "House"? #9

Timmythekid said: View Post
    Hugh Laurie wakes up next to Suzanne Pleshette. Actually, that's how I'd end Clone Wars too...

I like the "mental patient" idea though - it would go a long long way to addressing the weekly find a magical cure through prednazone rinse-repeat the show became after season 2.
    ARRRRRGH! You beat me to it. Or have have Bobby from Dallas walk out from the shower.

How about House OD's and everyone shows up to his funeral. Lots of cured patients, masses of people flocking to the grave site. Camera pans back on hundreds of hundreds of people dressed in black.

Or the song and dance ending where they walk off the set and the director breaks the 4th wall rule.
    From
    Madison, Florida
    Mar 3, 2012, 2:11 PM - Re: How would you end "House"? #10

I'd end it with House having no one and nothing to really account for. He loses everything throughout the season, losing any love interests, losing his team, losing any of his friends he had left and eventually ending up without a home. So, he gets on his motorcycle (does he still have that or did he change vehicles again?) and just takes off without telling anyone for parts unknown, and you never find out where he goes or what he does after that. I mean, how fitting for a show whose main character constantly solves mysteries to leave the audience on a mystery about what happens to him next?
    From
    Miami
    Mar 3, 2012, 3:19 PM - Re: How would you end "House"? #11

After losing everything we see house getting on a plane, going who-knows-where. as the plane takes off the scene ends.

New scene opens in a super high tech hospital like something you would see in Star Trek.
    The year is 2157.
    A patient is rushed in, half transformed into some kind of alien creature. The staff cant figure out how to cure him.
    One of the doctors looks at the nurse and says "Go get him."

A few moments later a spider-like robot walks in . On top of the 8 mechanical legs is a glass jar with all sorts of high tech hoses and wires coming out of it. Inside the jar is House's head!

The interns are stunned.....House's head looks at them, and says- "What are you idiots looking at...You've never seen a cyborg before?....lets get started."

Fade to black.
  12. Member Since
    Sep 2011
    From
    California
    Mar 3, 2012, 4:45 PM - #12

DARTH SABER said: View Post
    After losing everything we see house getting on a plane, going who-knows-where. as the plane takes off the scene ends.

New scene opens in a super high tech hospital like something you would see in Star Trek.
    The year is 2157.
    A patient is rushed in, half transformed into some kind of alien creature. The staff cant figure out how to cure him.
    One of the doctors looks at the nurse and says "Go get him."

A few moments later a spider-like robot walks in . On top of the 8 mechanical legs is a glass jar with all sorts of high tech hoses and wires coming out of it. Inside the jar is House's head!

The interns are stunned.....House's head looks at them, and says- "What are you idiots looking at...You've never seen a cyborg before?....lets get started."

Fade to black.
    YES!!!!!
  13. RPF Contest Coordinator Michael Bergeron's Avatar
    From
    Everybody's lost but me!
    Mar 3, 2012, 4:47 PM - Re: How would you end "House"? #13

I liked how they ended last season, that would have been a good way to wrap up the series. Especially when Wilson says "you'll find him at a dingy bar because that's how he feels about himself", cut to him on a tropical beach.
  14. RPF Premium Member Bootlegger137's Avatar
    Mar 3, 2012, 4:57 PM - Re: How would you end "House"? #14

House gets Lupus. End.
    From
    New York, NY
    Mar 3, 2012, 5:16 PM - Re: How would you end "House"? #15

Bootlegger137 said: View Post
    House gets Lupus. End.
    It's never lupus. Except that one time it was.
  16. pew pew RPF Premium Member Kevin Gossett's Avatar
    From
    North Texas
    Mar 3, 2012, 5:22 PM - Re: How would you end "House"? #16

House wakes up in a hospital bed from his 8-year coma from complications due to the gunshot wound in his leg.
    From
    Austria
    Mar 3, 2012, 5:26 PM - Re: How would you end "House"? #17

Yoda wakes up after a spaceship crashed into the swamp near his house on dagobah
    Mar 3, 2012, 5:29 PM - Re: How would you end "House"? #18

Hugh Laurie wakes up in the Jacobite Revolution and BlackAdder is there smacking him around.
    Mar 3, 2012, 7:58 PM - Re: How would you end "House"? #19

Bootlegger137 said: View Post
    House gets Lupus. End.
    Bah, beat me to it.
    Mar 3, 2012, 8:23 PM - Re: How would you end "House"? #20

Quantum Leap style.
    Mar 3, 2012, 8:40 PM - Re: How would you end "House"? #21

Two seasons ago.
  22. rodneyfaile is offline rodneyfaile
    Mar 3, 2012, 9:19 PM - Re: How would you end "House"? #22

Maybe House could be the guy who is walking in the door when Tony Soprano looks up.
    Last edited by rodneyfaile; Mar 3, 2012 at 9:31 PM.
    From
    Southern California
    Mar 3, 2012, 9:24 PM - Re: How would you end "House"? #23

I'm hoping they don't have a big "series finale" episode; end the series with a regular episode.
  24. Member Since
    Feb 2012
    Mar 4, 2012, 2:13 AM - Re: How would you end "House"? #24

Hard to say House is good but if it is the last episode what about a two part episode something big. Maybe a kind of going away scenario that involves House giving up medicine. House could end if he just realizes being a doctor makes him miserable. maybe the problem with house isn't he's good but that he is useful if you take away his unique intelligence then he is just a doctor. If he were to suddenly like every doctor then that would be the thing to make him give medicine up. Maybe it ends with him tired of "playing god" and just begin to play in essence enjoy things more. His joy would be to know if his intelligence were to be cut smaller and he were less of a doctor he would hate medicine. seeing the way he manipulates others could give him perspective to what he has been blind to that he uses intelligence to make himself feel better about himself being crippled. If he loses that then it is the final straw to make him go on to other things. The happy/sad ending is that House is out of medicine the happy is he is out of medicine the very thing that was making him feel better was in essence a anesthesia for his own personal woews ( infernaties of his leg and his own personal hang ups). By removing him from the source of his"crutch" medicine he becomes less defined by ability more by character. then he realizes his what he missed out on the people he was treating. A little sappy I know but a scene in a park with Wilson pretending to lose to House and a parting shot of house saying" Comon I'm not you" in a slow pan away could be kinda cool. Well that is the best I got.
    From
    Hitchins, KY
    Mar 4, 2012, 8:00 AM - Re: How would you end "House"? #25

Serenity said: View Post
    Personally, I think he should finally decide to have his leg amputated so he no longer has the constant pain. It would show that he's finally letting go and moving on with his life.

Of course, the show runners seem to always press the idea that nobody ever really changes, so I doubt this will happen...
    ^This.