Harrmy's Star Wars Despecialized 2.5

Yes seen all the versions that he's done,....with every one you can see his skills improving,.....after watching his reconstructions, you'll never want to watch the SE's again

J

I was watching a making-of video on YouTube about this version.

I don't have the ability to rip/stream content like this, but I hope someday to get a copy on DVD/Blu-ray.

I had somebody give me a "de-specialized" version of the OT a little over a year ago, I don't know if its the same version but WOW! I cant tell it's fan edited at all, superb job! :D I only put in ANH once since then, got to Greedo and that was it for me, the SE are now dust collectors.

I don't know what version I have, I got them a couple years ago. They're good for the most part. He used the SE's for most of it but made changes. I can see spots where SE additions were rotoscoped out, like in the "These aren't the droids you're looking for" scene. I can see the stormtrooper's shoulder quiver a bit where the hovering droids were painted out. Some shots were recreated with still photos. There are a couple shots where the Falcon is moving away from camera but there is not change in angle, it just looks like a zoom on a still pic.

I haven't close enough at Empire or Jedi to spot any of this, but they may not have needed such drastic fixes.

But overall I think it's worth it, I can't stand the special ed editions. The color and contrast corrections alone are worth it.

Intriguing. How's the sound? It struck me that the one version of ANH that I saw had the sound coming through a little...hmm...thin maybe? Or like the rear channels weren't really boosted to the right levels?

Intriguing. How's the sound? It struck me that the one version of ANH that I saw had the sound coming through a little...hmm...thin maybe? Or like the rear channels weren't really boosted to the right levels?

I just watched ANH 2.5. It's the first version that I've watched all the way through, I've seen clips of other releases, and 2.5 is much improved just based on the comparisons. There's a couple of spots where people's dialogue fades a bit, but overall pretty good. Haven't watch ESB or ROTJ fully yet so I don't know about those, but to me this is very important:

X00003.jpg

I can't say I'll never watch the SE again, I hate to admit, but there were some changes I liked- although none of the story changes- but it's nice to know I can now watch ROTJ without turning it off before the credits roll.

One other thing: I grew up in a small town and the theater owner collected movies- two reel 35mm. He viewed them as investments. I know for a fact one of the originals he'd bought was Star Wars. He died about fifteen years ago without having ever sold any of his collection. I really wonder what happened to that original film.

Last edited:
It might just be that the version I've seen (forget which iteration) wasn't burned to blu-ray effectively or something, but it struck me that the rear channels were awfully quiet in a LOT of scenes. I'll have to test something like, say, the trench run, since that has a fair bit of "front to back" sound to it, but, like, I don't recall the Tantive IV sequence using the back channels when the storm troopers bust in, and you'd think they'd make use of it then.

Maybe I'd have to compare it to the SE DVDs.

Please do not post any links... discuss content, but please no discussion of where to get it or links. Thanks.

Well the 720p version looks glorious so far. I can hardly wait to view the 1080p on a big screen.

No more SE for me.

If someone PM'd me with info I would much appreciate...

I've seen the andywan edits... But not these...

Sounds worthy of checking out!

A little Googling will get you there ;) Took me all of five minutes to find it. Downloading all the parts will take longer of course. I've got about the first 20 minutes and wow it looks great.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back