Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Subscribe
    Aug 29, 2013, 1:41 AM - Re: Gravity #26

There was a Battlestar Galactica Episode around this same premise... I wonder how much of it was ripped off for this movie?
    From
    P2X-3YZ
    Aug 29, 2013, 12:07 PM - Re: Gravity #27

JediG60racer said: View Post
    There was a Battlestar Galactica Episode around this same premise... I wonder how much of it was ripped off for this movie?
    I'm also pretty sure of a Star Trek Voyager episode that shares a similar plotline.
    From
    OE / FRANCE
    Aug 29, 2013, 4:10 PM - Re: Gravity #28

jlee562 said: View Post
    I'll go see this one. Children of Men was amazing.
    Same here. CHILDREN OF MEN is a masterpiece, I can't wait to see GRAVITY.
    From
    P2X-3YZ
    Aug 29, 2013, 6:45 PM - Re: Gravity #29

laserpistol76 said: View Post
    I'm also pretty sure of a Star Trek Voyager episode that shares a similar plotline.
    Found it.

Day of Honor (episode) - Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki
    Sep 5, 2013, 12:35 PM - Re: Gravity #31

From
    Walnut, CA
    Sep 5, 2013, 12:51 PM - Re: Gravity #32

I can't wait until it comes out, it looks like an incredible movie. However, I hope that it's Sandra in the later scene where she's being dragged across the ISS while hanging on to a Soyuz capsule because it seems a little much to have her in a similar situation twice in the same movie.
    From
    India
    Sep 5, 2013, 12:59 PM - Re: Gravity #33

After that "Detached" trailer in July, I have been avoiding all trailers to this film. And I've to wait for an additional week till October 11 for its release here.

Some of the reasons and excuses people have given online not to watch this film seems genuine, sad and at times hilarious to me.

Many will avoid this film and then will continue to complain about the lack of original films in Hollywood. Again, this concept isn't original, but it's an original sci-fi film not based on existing properties.

I loved Children of Men and I will give Alfonso Cuaron a chance any day.
    From
    P2X-3YZ
    Sep 5, 2013, 6:20 PM - Re: Gravity #34

Vivek said: View Post
    After that "Detached" trailer in July, I have been avoiding all trailers to this film. And I've to wait for an additional week till October 11 for its release here.

Some of the reasons and excuses people have given online not to watch this film seems genuine, sad and at times hilarious to me.

Many will avoid this film and then will continue to complain about the lack of original films in Hollywood. Again, this concept isn't original, but it's an original sci-fi film not based on existing properties.

I loved Children of Men and I will give Alfonso Cuaron a chance any day.
    In my opinion, this doesn't classify as a sci-fi film.
    From
    India
    Sep 5, 2013, 6:49 PM - Re: Gravity #35

Well the definition of science fiction is pretty broad. This is after all not a documentary about space, it's a fictitious film about space travel, so yeah that way I still consider it as a science fiction film.
    From
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Sep 6, 2013, 10:02 AM - Re: Gravity #36

Spoiler: She doesn't get saved

Seriously though, while it's visually cool and all, which I'll agree with, I have no idea what other purpose for the story will be. They've practically showed the entire plot of the film in one trailer. It's not hard to know what happens at the end of the film. It's based off of real world technology, and unfortunately, it's not very simple or cost effective for NASA to send up a vehicle, like a shuttle, to search the vast open space.....Yea...
    From
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Sep 6, 2013, 10:35 AM - Re: Gravity #37

tubachris85x said: View Post
    She also finds a floating mailbox while out in space that allows her to talk to Keanu Reeves through some sort of postal time warp.
    From
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Sep 6, 2013, 11:39 AM - Re: Gravity #38

Betamin said: View Post
    She also finds a floating mailbox while out in space that allows her to talk to Keanu Reeves through some sort of postal time warp.
    "I need to learn how to fly in space......*guttural laugh*
    From
    Walnut, CA
    Sep 6, 2013, 12:43 PM - Re: Gravity #39

Seriously though, while it's visually cool and all, which I'll agree with, I have no idea what other purpose for the story will be. They've practically showed the entire plot of the film in one trailer. It's not hard to know what happens at the end of the film. It's based off of real world technology, and unfortunately, it's not very simple or cost effective for NASA to send up a vehicle, like a shuttle, to search the vast open space.....Yea...
    Not necessarily because if it's that also Sandra in the later part of the trailer and it takes place after the shuttle wrecking scene we see at the beginning then we know that she does get saved after the shuttle gets wrecked and she's launched into space. We know this because we see her, I think, on the ISS and later we see her, once again I think it's her, hitching a ride on the outside of a Soyuz capsule.
  14. RPF Premium Member CessnaDriver's Avatar
    Sep 6, 2013, 1:00 PM - Re: Gravity #40

I'm putting this into the "diasaster survivor drama" bucket that happens to be set in Hollywood's version of earth orbit.
    From
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Sep 6, 2013, 1:05 PM - Re: Gravity #41

Riceball said: View Post
    Not necessarily because if it's that also Sandra in the later part of the trailer and it takes place after the shuttle wrecking scene we see at the beginning then we know that she does get saved after the shuttle gets wrecked and she's launched into space. We know this because we see her, I think, on the ISS and later we see her, once again I think it's her, hitching a ride on the outside of a Soyuz capsule.
    I think if it happens more than once, that she's getting launched into space, well, the realistic chances of survival are more than grim. Yes, the extended trailer shows various points in time, but the common thing is that each of those sequences, they're blowing up/falling apart and she's getting rocketed into space.
    From
    Walnut, CA
    Sep 6, 2013, 1:15 PM - Re: Gravity #42

I think if it happens more than once, that she's getting launched into space, well, the realistic chances of survival are more than grim. Yes, the extended trailer shows various points in time, but the common thing is that each of those sequences, they're blowing up/falling apart and she's getting rocketed into space.
    That does seem to have happen an awful lot in this movie and I seriously hope that's not the whole premise of the movie.
    From
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Sep 6, 2013, 1:27 PM - Re: Gravity #43

Riceball said: View Post
    That does seem to have happen an awful lot in this movie and I seriously hope that's not the whole premise of the movie.
    Well, it seems to be at this point unfortunately. I for one, don't really find the idea of watching someone float away into space for 2 hours. Artistic or not, well, yea..
    From
    India
    Sep 7, 2013, 11:05 PM - Re: Gravity #44

Of course the naysayers will continue to say it's just hyperbole. Oh well, carry on.

ErikDavis: GRAVITY! GRAVITY! GRAVITY! The ultimate stuck-in-a-pickle movie. Stunning. Mindblowing. Loved it. #TIFF
    From
    India
    Sep 8, 2013, 12:56 PM - Re: Gravity #45

adamchitwood: GRAVITY: Magnificent. Genuinely awe-inspiring. An immersive, emotional, and masterful piece of filmmaking. An incredible experience. #TIFF13

adamchitwood: A note on GRAVITY: Better to go in knowing as little as possible. 3D is essential. See on the biggest screen you can.

katerbland: GRAVITY left me literally weak-kneed. #TIFF13

katerbland: Also, as someone who doesn't care so much for 3D, I'm insanely happy that I saw GRAVITY in IMAX 3D. Highly recommend it for viewing. #TIFF13
  20. Member Since
    Jan 2010
    Sep 8, 2013, 1:46 PM - Re: Gravity #46

I love space related Sci-Fi (as we probably all do here), so I'm interested in this one. Looks like a thriller !
    From
    OE / FRANCE
    Sep 8, 2013, 2:28 PM - Re: Gravity #47

Teaser posters are works of art by themselves !

Attached Images Attached Images
    From
    India
    Sep 8, 2013, 3:05 PM - Re: Gravity #48

I will be traveling across to another city for about 8 hours to watch it in IMAX next month. Though it's not true IMAX, it's still bigger than usual screens here. The true dome IMAX theater is in another state, contemplating that travel as well.
    From
    Walnut, CA
    Sep 9, 2013, 10:38 AM - Re: Gravity #49

Samson said: View Post
    I love space related Sci-Fi (as we probably all do here), so I'm interested in this one. Looks like a thriller !
    It certainly does but I'm concerned by all of the scenes in the trailer of Sandra Bullock being launched out into space, first after the shuttle gets smacked and she has to release from the arm, then later we see her hitching a ride on the outside of a Soyuz flying by the ISS. I really do hope that this movie isn't just Sandra getting knocked out into space repeatedly.
    From
    OE / FRANCE
    Sep 10, 2013, 7:01 AM - Re: Gravity #50

Riceball, I don't really understand why you're worrying here, a trailer is just a trailer. (I'm not sure it's Bullock dressed as a russian astronaut that's about to be hit by the solar panels)

More important, Alfonso Cuaron isn't Michael Bay... so don't expect the usual Hollywood crap and all its non sensic situations, have faith !