Ghostbusters 3 is a go! (according to the writers, director and producer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like Murray is definitely not going to do it. No one else could ever play Venkman. Those characters are too iconic.

So the only other choice if you want to see proton packs and ecto slime is having a new set of characters pick up where the previous left off. There are a lot of young upcoming virtually unknown comics that would make excellent Ghostbusters, provided the writing is solid.

Come on, Ray Parker Jr gotta eat!

I'm personally to the point I'm fine whether they make the third one or not. We've only waited for more than two decades.

I honestly wouldn't mind another video game with the cast voicing it. Murray seemed to be OK with that during one of his Letterman interviews. I'd rather have that than nothing at all.

I honestly wouldn't mind another video game with the cast voicing it. Murray seemed to be OK with that during one of his Letterman interviews. I'd rather have that than nothing at all.

This. I'd actually prefer a game. The first game was terrific, but you can see where there's potential to do a LOT more. And you wouldn't need Murray to do a whole ton for that, either.

Well, it doesn't have to take place in NY... Maybe they franchised it out and just have a new staff?? That way, cameo's can be made by the original crew, but doesn't have to replace or erase them

I was thinking a new younger cast could stumble upon the old Ghostbuster facilities. Maybe one of them is a family member who inherits the building. They try and rebuild the business. I would prefer a movie, but might work as a TV series or animated.

I was thinking a new younger cast could stumble upon the old Ghostbuster facilities. Maybe one of them is a family member who inherits the building. They try and rebuild the business. I would prefer a movie, but might work as a TV series or animated.

That's about as good a plot idea as I've heard for GB3, TBH. Would help recreate the "startup" or "underdog" vibe.

That's about as good a plot idea as I've heard for GB3, TBH. Would help recreate the "startup" or "underdog" vibe.

I just don't understand the hate toward reviving this. I love Ghostbusters. I have two Ghostbusters jump suits. Even if they make another and it isnt as good, its worth the risk, because they just might have the perfect storm of writing and young talented comedians to make a go of it. I need to see proton packs on new adventures!

I just don't understand the hate toward reviving this. I love Ghostbusters. I have two Ghostbusters jump suits. Even if they make another and it isnt as good, its worth the risk, because they just might have the perfect storm of writing and young talented comedians to make a go of it. I need to see proton packs on new adventures!

Not everyone are fans or appreciate GB.

I don't think we should automatically write this off as a movie which is going suck. I think a good example of a movie that everyone thought was going to be crap was the latest Rocky movie. While not a masterpiece it was still a decent movie in my opinion.

Ghostbusters 3 could be very funny if there are aware that the characters are old, past it, and over weight (Akroid that means you).

If the film is written in a way that addresses these issues then it could be a winner.

I don't think we should automatically write this off as a movie which is going suck. I think a good example of a movie that everyone thought was going to be crap was the latest Rocky movie. While not a masterpiece it was still a decent movie in my opinion.

Ghostbusters 3 could be very funny if there are aware that the characters are old, past it, and over weight (Akroid that means you).

If the film is written in a way that addresses these issues then it could be a winner.

It won't, though. Seriously man. Do the math. It'll be lazy writing, phoned-in performances, etc.

Let it go. Go play the Xbox game, enjoy that, and go on with your life. Ghostbusters 3 should be left in the grave.

It won't, though. Seriously man. Do the math. It'll be lazy writing, phoned-in performances, etc.

Let it go. Go play the Xbox game, enjoy that, and go on with your life. Ghostbusters 3 should be left in the grave.

Don't get me wrong bro, I'm not begging for the movie to get made and even if it never happened it's OK. I guess just deep down I hope that Hollywood has some originality and soul left in it somewhere :(

Heres the thing, I think people are putting way too much emphasis on using new comedians and making hilariously funny.

GB is without doubt my favorite film ever. Im really not sure what my life would be like without GB. However, when I think of GB, I dont think 'hilarious'. From a comedy point of view (to me at least) GB is very amusing. It is the structure, acting, and 'feel' that makes me love it.

They need a great script for sure, but it doesnt need to be 'rolling in the isles' funny.

Don't get me wrong bro, I'm not begging for the movie to get made and even if it never happened it's OK. I guess just deep down I hope that Hollywood has some originality and soul left in it somewhere :(

I lost my faith in that years ago, which would explain my cynicism when it comes to this stuff. COULD it be good? I suppose. The sun MIGHT not rise tomorrow, too. I think the odds for those two scenarios are about on par with each other.

Heres the thing, I think people are putting way too much emphasis on using new comedians and making hilariously funny.

GB is without doubt my favorite film ever. Im really not sure what my life would be like without GB. However, when I think of GB, I dont think 'hilarious'. From a comedy point of view (to me at least) GB is very amusing. It is the structure, acting, and 'feel' that makes me love it.

They need a great script for sure, but it doesnt need to be 'rolling in the isles' funny.

Very good point, and one that would almost certainly be lost on anyone greenlighting such a project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back