Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Subscribe
  1. RPF Premium Member Funky Jedi's Avatar
    From
    Tulsa Okie-dokie
    Feb 9, 2012, 8:54 PM - George Lucas says Han never shot first, you were just confused #1

Okay, of ALL the things George Lucas has done, to me, NOW he's gone too far! He might as well say we, the public, are stupid and we just saw what we wanted to see!???

George Lucas says Han never shot first, you were just confused | Film | Newswire | The A.V. Club
    From
    Orange County
    Feb 9, 2012, 9:01 PM - Re: George Lucas says Han never shot first, you were just confused #2

Is he really this out of touch?

Between the Blu-Rays themselves and the recent string of "announcements" Lucas has made, it kind of baffles me how...odd...he really is.

2012: The Year He Lost Contact.
    From
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Feb 9, 2012, 9:02 PM - Re: George Lucas says Han never shot first, you were just confused #3

I thought the same thing. If this isn't a joke, he's gone senile and totally lost it. Someone should really pull SW away from him if this is the case.
  4. Formerly cobalt crimson Wes R's Avatar
    From
    Western PA
    Feb 9, 2012, 9:02 PM - Re: George Lucas says Han never shot first, you were just confused #4

He must be really bored if he has nothing better than do than make statements like this and I wonder how many fans this ticks off.
  5. Member Since
    Apr 2003
    Feb 9, 2012, 9:04 PM - Re: George Lucas says Han never shot first, you were just confused #5

Now we know exactly why Marsha left his ass.
  6. Formerly known as Vegeta JoMamma_Smurf's Avatar
    From
    St. Pete, FL
    Feb 9, 2012, 9:04 PM - Re: George Lucas says Han never shot first, you were just confused #6

Jesus.... What a complete nut. I think he has some kind of parasite in his head or something. He's becoming the Michael Jackson of the film world. Gets ****ing crazier as he gets older.
    From
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Feb 9, 2012, 9:05 PM - Re: George Lucas says Han never shot first, you were just confused #7

It almost sounds like he believes the Special Editions are the only SW, cause of his statement that he was just fixing up the part where Greedo shoots first but it wasn't that good and you couldn't tell he was firing first.
  8. RPF Premium Member Scott Graham's Avatar
    Feb 9, 2012, 9:06 PM - Re: George Lucas says Han never shot first, you were just confused #8

Marcia Lucas. It was really that George became Darth Vader about the time he built that ranch. Insulated ever since.

The Secret History of Star Wars

And yes, I just read that interview also. George is trying to make us believe what he said. He knows he's gotta wave his hands around like some Jedi to get us to believe it, right?!
    From
    Orange County
    Feb 9, 2012, 9:07 PM - Re: George Lucas says Han never shot first, you were just confused #9

Either that or he is the Ultimate Internet Troll.
  10. RPF Premium Member Bootlegger137's Avatar
    Feb 9, 2012, 9:09 PM - Re: George Lucas says Han never shot first, you were just confused #10

So...does this count as "Jedifyfing" since his link is based on, and links to, the HR article posted by Alienscollection.com?

http://www.therpf.com/f47/5-question...-lucas-139112/
    Last edited by Bootlegger137; Feb 9, 2012 at 9:17 PM. Reason: Thought train derailed...just putting it back on track
  11. Chara limit is way too sm RPF Premium Member Nwerke's Avatar
    From
    'Straya, maaaate!
    Feb 9, 2012, 9:15 PM - Re: George Lucas says Han never shot first, you were just confused #11

That's a great little piece of writing there. "Indeed, it was only the audience’s own bloodlust that led them astray and left them so confused for so many years—a bloodlust that festered into their ravenous need to set jaws upon George Lucas every time he tries to make his work a little more innocent and magical. Fortunately, all it took was a wider shot and a grafted-on cartoon laser beam to save future generations from wandering down that same dark path, which leads only to anger, hatred, and in forthcoming editions, a nice periwinkle garden." - haw!

Let's see a diehard defend Lucas for this. Oh please let's.
  12. RPF Premium Member Stormy320's Avatar
    From
    Pasadena, CA
    Feb 9, 2012, 9:44 PM - Re: George Lucas says Han never shot first, you were just confused #12

He lives outside of San Francisco, I guess it shouldn't be a surprise.
    From
    Canada
    Feb 9, 2012, 9:48 PM - Re: George Lucas says Han never shot first, you were just confused #13

Oh boy was I ever confused as a seven year old!

Han never shot first at all! They both must have shot at the exact same time (which of course produced the sparky explosion through the table) and for a wee second we "thought" that Han may have bought the farm...

But he got off a shot a split second after Greedo fired his blaster! The sparky explosion was actually produced by both Greedo and Han firing their blasters!

Man! 35 years later and I finally get it now! Boy do I feel stupid!

Thank you Uncle George!

Kevin
    Last edited by SSgt Burton; Feb 10, 2012 at 9:59 AM. Reason: I was confused
  14. RPF Premium Member Vermithrax 4's Avatar
    Feb 9, 2012, 9:49 PM - Re: George Lucas says Han never shot first, you were just confused #14

You know that scene in "Raiders" where the carload of Nazi's goes careening over that very high cliff and they tumble out one by one as they plummet? That's now the perfect metaphore for George Lucas's mind.
    Feb 9, 2012, 9:49 PM - Re: George Lucas says Han never shot first, you were just confused #15

This is being discussed in another thread right now.
  16. Formerly cobalt crimson Wes R's Avatar
    From
    Western PA
    Feb 9, 2012, 9:50 PM - Re: George Lucas says Han never shot first, you were just confused #16

The person writing this thing looks like a Lucas Film spin doctor.
    Vermithrax: lol George is a few Nazis short of a Gestapo?
    From
    Canada
    Feb 9, 2012, 9:54 PM - Re: George Lucas says Han never shot first, you were just confused #17

Vermithrax 4 said: View Post
    You know that scene in "Raiders" where the carload of Nazi's goes careening over that very high cliff and they tumble out one by one as they plummet? That's now the perfect metaphore for George Lucas's mind.

After the day I had today, did I ever need that laugh! Thanks!

Kevin
  18. RPF Premium Member Vermithrax 4's Avatar
    Feb 9, 2012, 10:03 PM - Re: George Lucas says Han never shot first, you were just confused #18

A bit of levity never hurts.
  19. Formerly known as Vegeta JoMamma_Smurf's Avatar
    From
    St. Pete, FL
    Feb 9, 2012, 10:16 PM - Re: George Lucas says Han never shot first, you were just confused #19

This is hilarious. And fitting First Greedo... Now This... - YouTube
  20. Member Since
    Jan 2003
    Feb 9, 2012, 10:35 PM - Re: George Lucas says Han never shot first, you were just confused #20

Imagine what he would do to a Clint Eastwood movie.

From
    East Sty
    Feb 9, 2012, 10:40 PM - Re: George Lucas says Han never shot first, you were just confused #21

Wait. This archive footage just uncovered!
  22. Insert Title Here RPF Premium Member Wolfie's Avatar
    From
    Nashville
    Feb 9, 2012, 10:45 PM - Re: George Lucas says Han never shot first, you were just confused #22

I'll just leave this here

Edit: very large picture behind the jump. posted it directly but its kinda too large for forum use. Just a picture of Lucas being a Troll , one way or the other.

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/ima...and_George.jpg

Edit edit:

smaller pic, hah

Last edited by Wolfie; Feb 9, 2012 at 11:05 PM.
  23. Member Since
    Apr 2005
    From
    Phoenix, Az.
    Feb 9, 2012, 10:45 PM - Re: George Lucas says Han never shot first, you were just confused #23

Scott Graham said: View Post
    Marcia Lucas. It was really that George became Darth Vader about the time he built that ranch. Insulated ever since.

And yes, I just read that interview also. George is trying to make us believe what he said. He knows he's gotta wave his hands around like some Jedi to get us to believe it, right?!
    So she made him, and she got the Oscar.
    For editing Star Wars no less.
    No wonder he is trying to change everything about SW. When he looks at that film he sees his ex wife.

Thanks for posting that on Marcia, it explains just about everything.
    Imagine what the prequels would have been like if she was involved.
    From
    Klamath Falls, OR
    Feb 9, 2012, 11:08 PM - Re: George Lucas says Han never shot first, you were just confused #24

Don't forget Gary.
    From
    Madison, Florida
    Feb 9, 2012, 11:08 PM - Re: George Lucas says Han never shot first, you were just confused #25

Scott Graham said: View Post

So, basically, Lucas has ruined his movies in later edits because he's can't deal with the fact that he's emotionally stunted, which also resulted in his wife leaving him? I guess that explains that scene between Padme and Anakin in Revenge of the Sith where he damn near killed her and their children because he thought she betrayed him. But it doesn't make up for the changes, though.