Gangster Squad (Post-release)

I bet they put that scene back in on the dvd but they need to stop being a bunch of wimps and editing things for no good reason.

Sean Penn plays a great badass. And Emma Stone is smoking, as always.

Yep.

emma-stone-gangster-squad-banner.jpg

Just got back from GS and I really enjoyed it. Sure its not going to win any awards but I was very entertained. 1950's LA always fascinated me. If all else fails go see Emma, she is quite the dish.

Great gangster flick. worth seeing on the big screen. awesome cinematography, you just want to jump on screen and live in that time. nothing original story-wise, but few films are. :thumbsup

For those of you in the LA area, the Petersen Automotive Museum has a section of the upstairs portion dedicated to the film. Screen used cars and a limited number of props. I took a few pictures of some of the props with my cell camera.

It was like watching someone else play a video game...poorly. I guess I was just spoiled on better fiction from that era, but I was pretty thrown off by how much flim-flammery was done to give the film its conclusion. I think the worst crime committed is that the film overstuffs itself with characters that are given next to no development.
Sean Penn is at least having some fun doing a few choice bits of Nic Cage branded Mega-Acting!

For those of you in the LA area, the Petersen Automotive Museum has a section of the upstairs portion dedicated to the film. Screen used cars and a limited number of props. I took a few pictures of some of the props with my cell camera.

That's it. I am moving to L.A. Everytime I turn around, a new place over there has a movie prop showroom. I am very upset that I missed the Dark Knight Trilogy one that just happened. It's things like that, that really make me miss the states.

Son of a b****! It ends tomorrow, and I can't go. :angry

I finally saw Gangster Squad today, and the worst thing I can say about it is that there's nothing special about it--if you've seen movies like L.A. Confidential (1997), Mulholland Falls (1996), The Untouchables (1987), and/or Chinatown (1974), you've already seen this movie. Also, some of the dialogue is clichéd and too clever for it's own good. Otherwise, it's not bad. Solid performances, good soundtrack, and if you're into late-40s Los Angeles it looks beautiful. Probably not a good movie for young children to watch--a lot of realistic violence, two brief scenes of a sexually suggestive nature (no nudity), and the plot will likely bore them. If you like movies like this check it out, but don't expect to see anything you haven't seen before.

Emma Stone's image so different from that of Spiderman. A huge character swing, well good acting!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back