G.I. Joe 3 (Pre-release)

I hope they show an all-out war in part 3, like 50 Joes against 50 Cobra, tanks against choppers kinda stuff. The two movies so far didn't have the 100% GI Joe excitement as far as big battles and epic scenes go. The underwater battle in RoC wasn't that cool. And I liked RoC HAHA! I've been waiting to hear more on the MOTU or "Grayskull" movie for a while, hope they both happen soon. More Snake and Storm! More ninjas!

And it would be a treat to see more wide range of characters in the mix wearing their respective trademark costumes this time. And more ninjas often leads to more Snake Eyes action which is always welcome.

Yes, definitely more Cobra Commander and bring back Destro, what a great dynamic those two backstabbers could have.

I'm so ready for more Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow!

Teaser poster just released at licensing expo in Vegas

Licensing_Expo_2014_42-G-I-Joe-3_1403031776.jpg

Licensing_Expo_2014_G-I-Joe-3-Poster-HissTank-Resized_1403032149.jpg

I wish these movies had taken a more serious, respectful, early Marvel comics type approach. I would love to see some real meaty drama, like Billy being trained to assassinate his dad, or the death of Kwinn. But if we're doomed to be mired in cartoony cheese...GIVE ME SERPENTOR!

I wish these movies had taken a more serious, respectful, early Marvel comics type approach. I would love to see some real meaty drama, like Billy being trained to assassinate his dad, or the death of Kwinn. But if we're doomed to be mired in cartoony cheese...GIVE ME SERPENTOR!

Cobra-La lalalalalalalala...hahahahahahahahah ..... hack ... cough.

Hahahaha...ugh. Seriously, the comic was SO much better than that awful cartoon! I seriously doubt they'll have a haunted, resurrected Storm Shadow as part of a film Serpentor arc, or anything that remotely evokes how great those first 70 or so comics were. But Serpentor can definitely work in the lame-o style they've established on screen, so...lemme have it! Or at least the creation of Cobra Island...

OOOH B.A.T.s, totally! As long as they look close to the original design. I HATE how far the movies have strayed from the figure costumes.

Eh. The film's been in development hell for, what, a year and a half? The thread started in June, 2013 announcing a director. And now in January, 2015, it's rumored to have another director?

I remain skeptical.

OOOH B.A.T.s, totally! As long as they look close to the original design. I HATE how far the movies have strayed from the figure costumes.

I don't know if I'd want the movie costume to actually duplicate the figures, I'm not sure that they'd translate all that well into real life. What they should do is incorporate certain elements of the figure's costumes/uniforms into the movie and pay homage to their original look without copying them 100%.

I think the way sideshow has designed their 1/6 scale Joe line represents a good mix of comic styling and realism. I based much of my own Bludd costume on SS's offering.

Link

I think the way sideshow has designed their 1/6 scale Joe line represents a good mix of comic styling and realism. I based much of my own Bludd costume on SS's offering.

Link

I agree, they do a pretty good job overall and they could possibly actually work on screen.

I don't know if I'd want the movie costume to actually duplicate the figures, I'm not sure that they'd translate all that well into real life. What they should do is incorporate certain elements of the figure's costumes/uniforms into the movie and pay homage to their original look without copying them 100%.

Oh I'm all for that. I just want to see B.A.T.s. They could definitely alter them to make more realistic.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back