the fifth element ouch!

nwjedidave

Sr Member
I've seen the fifth element over 100 times, and I just noticed this tonight while watching it on TNT: the first few scenes that we see Ian Holm's character, priest Vito Cornelius, he's got a really bad red patch in his left eye, does anyone know what happened, or if it worked into the storyline at all?

Dave, i never noticed that before. I'll have to check it out now. ONE OF MY FAVORITE MOVIES EVER. Thanks for posting this. Now my wife and I have to go put on the bluray!

Didn't Zorg have something to do with him previous to the time the Priest saves his life from that cherry?

I think he does mention "Something about an "art" dealer. I can't remember his name. I'm so bad with names."

But I would guess that if Zorg wanted something from him (art/stones) he would have been very nice. Vito didn't recollect about him in a negative manor.

Dave, i never noticed that before. I'll have to check it out now. ONE OF MY FAVORITE MOVIES EVER. Thanks for posting this. Now my wife and I have to go put on the bluray!

LOL Chuck. My wife had to lean over and tell me as many times as we've both seen this movie, there are still things we've never seen before. Let me know what you think.

I've noticed that watching movies in high def I see all sorts of splotchiness in the actors faces.
They tend to look like they have a rash or something.

He had a broken blood vessel, and it was not part of the story.
Heh. Reminds me of John Noble's lens replacement in his right eye (for cataracts). The lens caught the light sometimes and made it look like eyeshine, like you'd see in a cat. Everyone thought it was significant because it was Fringe.

This movie never did anything for me.

I can't say I've seen it in a long time. But the hot chick isn't hot and I remember the rest of it being goofy.

You mean Milla Jovovich? Totally rich, hot, top model, continually making goofy movies MIlla? Always making great music Milla? Nah, no one likes her, seriously. LOL

Honestly, I took the movie for what it was. Fun, over the top, with a sweet message, a great soundtrack, and some really great use of colors and comics schemata. It's my favorite movie of all time, if no one can tell...:D

Honestly, I took the movie for what it was. Fun, over the top, with a sweet message, a great soundtrack, and some really great use of colors and comics schemata. It's my favorite movie of all time, if no one can tell...:D
Same here. I've bought it four times, after all... fullscreen VHS, widescreen VHS, DVD, and now Blu-ray (second edition). And I don't regret it for a minute.

Milla was more interesting back then when she was still an unknown.

Who remembers Sonita Henry? She played the President's Aide (the one in the middle) ... I don't think she had any dialogue, but I always thought she had a nice, unique look.

I think she's a mix of Scottish and Nepalese, or something.

fhd997TFE_Sonita_Henry_001.jpg

BTW. She was also the alien doctor who delivered JT Kirk at the beginning of Abram's Star Trek.

Same here. I've bought it four times, after all... fullscreen DVD, widescreen DVD, Special Edition DVD, and now Blu-ray (second edition). And I don't regret it for a minute.
^Fixed^ for me, & quoted for truth.

In fact, The Fifth Element is my all-time favorite of her performances.

It's eye-candy for me. That's about it.
But it's very delicious eye-candy.
There's nothing more profound to my appreciation of the film other than that.
At the time it came out I was enamored because it was basically a Metal Hurlant story come to life. As with those graphic novels I really didn't care so much for the plots or the pseudo-intellectual interpretations as much as the sheer conception, design and illustration. In fact the best stories made little sense and were full of loose ends and open ends. This movie borrowed heavily from Jean Giraud (RIP). (Did he work on the film?) Even the costumes are wonderful.

FE is a love or hate thing for many. You "get it" or you dont.
Hard to see where the hate is, unless you try to take it too seriously. C'mon, any film with the "GIMME DA CASSSHH!!!" scene doesn't take itself all that seriously. The movie's fun. It's one of the few films I have that really is more about the fun than anything else, IMO.

Hard to see where the hate is, unless you try to take it too seriously. C'mon, any film with the "GIMME DA CASSSHH!!!" scene doesn't take itself all that seriously. The movie's fun. It's one of the few films I have that really is more about the fun than anything else, IMO.
What he said^ I watch it at least once a week :cool:thumbsup

I added a red button to the bottom of my telecaster just because of this movie.

Anytime someone asks what the red button is for, I simply reply: "ahh, so now I know you're a real killer."

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back