Ender's Game (Post-release)

Here's hoping it's good! The number one thing the critics should say when they come out of it is "It's too depressing." Then I'll know they made a great adaptation.:lol

I've always wondered when this series would come to the big screen. I loved the book growing up and I'm crossing all fingers and toes that whoever picks this up does it the justice it deserves.

Who wants to take odds on how bad they will screw up this totally awesome classic, :unsure
Too easy to be negative about something when there are NO details on the project. Calm down and give it a chance!

Rich

p.s....one of my fave books ever!!!! (didn't like Speaker for the dead, though....)

aw come on, I bet ya James Cameron will pick up "Speaker of the Dead" and "Xenocide" just so he can recreate pandora as lusitania and have strangely attractive piggies inhabit the psychedlic planet.

aw come on, I bet ya James Cameron will pick up "Speaker of the Dead" and "Xenocide" just so he can recreate pandora as lusitania and have strangely attractive piggies inhabit the psychedlic planet.
That reminds me, i read Xenocide, but can't remember anything about it.....

Does that say more about me, or the book?

Rich

If it works out well, I hope they do Bean's story as a sequel. There was a fantastic story liner with that and it really opened up the relationships and backgrounds to Ender and the students experiences.

That casting could work for me, too. (I started to lose faith when I read that OSC liked Jake Lloyd for the role.) :sick

Still, how do you do the story justice in two hours?

There has been talks about an Enders game movie for a while, I hope it goes through. Its a good think Card is being very hands on though. It makes me feel less anxious about the movie ruining the book.

Still, how do you do the story justice in two hours?

With a two hour limit, I'd all but eliminate the subplot of Peter and Valentine's manipulations of Earth politics.

After the first school battle, reduce the rest into a montage, at least until they start stacking the deck against him.

Then do something similar once Rackham is introduced. Show the first simulation, montage the rest, until the "final exam."

Three hours - even two and a half - would be a lot more comfortable though.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back