This Is The End (Post-release)

.:MirrorminD:.

Sr Member
I've been waiting for this movie for a little while now.

It was originally called Jay and Seth Versus the Apocalypse then it was called The End of the World, then The Apocalypse. Now it's just called This is the End.

Anyways its a comedy with everyone in it playing themselves. The story is pretty much actors dealing with the end of the world. Some of the cast:

Seth Rogan, James Franco, Jay Baruchel, Jonah Hill, Aziz Ansari, Rihanna, Paul Rudd, Danny McBride, Emma Watson, Michael Cera, David Krumholtz, Martin Starr, Mindy Kaling, Craig Robinson.

The trailer is NSFW it has a lot of cursing in it.
*This is the End* Official Red Band Trailer #1 (2013) [HD] - YouTube

I cannot wait for this movie!!! My wife and I saw the trailer last night and died laughing. Besides Iron Man 3, this is probably my most anticipated 2013 movie.

I was sold on seeing this BEFORE seeing Emma Watson was in it. That's probably the entire amount she's in it, but still, locked me in now.

Some of the reaction from the recent screening of This Is The End.

devincf: I am floored by how good THIS IS THE END is. In the words of James Franco: "So good."

devincf: There is some unbelievable monster design in THIS IS THE END. Straight up metal album cover stuff.

colliderfrosty: THIS IS THE END was extremely funny and absolutely worth seeing. Has one of the funniest scenes I've seen in a long time.

colliderfrosty: will need to see THIS IS THE END at least one more time. Audience tonight was laughing so loud I couldn't hear some of the dialogue

I'm actually surprised more movies haven't been made with a similar premise - that is, actors playing themselves dealing with some sort of dilemma. It's seemed like such an easy thing to have some good-natured ribbing of the cast.

This Is The End is getting released tomorrow in US but I have to wait until October 4 for its release in India.

RT @ adamchitwood: THIS IS THE END is bat**** crazy and so, so good. Funniest movie I've seen in a very long time. See it in a theater with a big crowd.

RT @ colliderfrosty: while I think everyone should see MAN OF STEEL this weekend, don't forget about THIS IS THE END. One of the funniest comedies in a long time

I saw it last night and I loved it. If you like sophmoric humor and things like super troopers or the first hangover made you laugh this should probably as well. I think what it did best was allow the actors to poke fun at themselfs. The scene at the breakfast table was gold with the acting critiques. I also like the creature designs.

I'm actually surprised more movies haven't been made with a similar premise - that is, actors playing themselves dealing with some sort of dilemma. It's seemed like such an easy thing to have some good-natured ribbing of the cast.

"My Name is Bruce" with Bruce Campbell fighting undead. Not that good ultimately.

I saw this earlier today and it was a lot funnier than I was expecting. Nowadays these guys don't have very many funny movies but this was definitely an exception. I found myself constantly laughing throughout and the story was different as well.

I won't say much but there was a certain party goer who totally stole their scenes. I was killing myself laughing.

I agree with Russ, if you like sophomoric humour ie. phallic shaped object jokes (hah, screw you sensor) then you'll love this film.

Caught a matinee of this today; I was the only person in the theater. First time that's ever happened.

I thought it was fairly good and surprisingly existential at times. I actually enjoyed the events leading up to the "event" more than what happened afterward though. I was actually surprised by the cameo toward the end and wasn't expecting it at all. I don't know if it tops BM in Zombieland, but it was still pretty funny...

I wish I could say I enjoyed this movie. I was amused at the secular nature of redemption presented as well as the whole worthiness of actors bit. Most of the laughs I had came when everyone was bickering, but they were few and far between. I actually laughed harder and longer at something in Man of Steel that wasn't meant to be funny, though I found it hilarious.

Was it great? No... but it had some very funny moments and was fun enough... and it kept me away from the abomination that is Man of Steel. The theater wasn't as packed as MoS (which had a line for a showing 25 minutes after this). In the end (get it?), I'll agree with the reviews I read that said it was about 15 minutes too long, there was not enough Emma Watson and I'm just glad someone punched Jonah Hill (who just gets more annoying... not just in the movie but overall).

My only complaint is... well, I had too much water to drink and hit the restroom is what seemed like a lull in the movie and I have no idea what happened to Emma Watson - she went up to sleep and then what...?

Emma overhears a conversation that the guys are having outside of her door, which unfortunately includes the word "rape." She thinks they're planning on raping her, so she hits Seth in the face with the axe and leaves, taking all of their water.

According to what Franco said in an interview, she was supposed to appear again later in the movie (during the cannibal bus scene), but she was uncomfortable with what was happening and left.

Emma overhears a conversation that the guys are having outside of her door, which unfortunately includes the word "rape." She thinks they're planning on raping her, so she hits Seth in the face with the axe and leaves, taking all of their water.

According to what Franco said in an interview, she was supposed to appear again later in the movie (during the cannibal bus scene), but she was uncomfortable with what was happening and left.
Thanks.

The IMdb mentions she was uncomfortable with parts of the movie. Lighten up, Hermione.

Pretty sure they just say that kind of stuff to hype up the film. There is also a rumor she left because of the Channing scene. Seth and Franco said she never walked off. Plus someone I know who worked on the movie said the same thing. She was scheduled to film for 4 days and that is what she did. They tried to get her to film a cameo at the very end but she wasn't able to.

I actually liked it. Been waiting for it since it was a trailer for a short film. I thought it was very funny and some of the jokes had me laughing for awhile. My only real complaint was I think they could have made it a little shorter, even though it had me interested the whole time, parts did seem to drag out a bit.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back