Edge of Tomorrow ( Live Die Repeat) (Post-release)

re: Edge of Tomorrow

To me it initially sounded almost like "Enders Game". Funny though, I saw that image at the top a little while ago and then saw your thread :lol

I'm thinking this is going to be pretty action packed if we're living battle after battle

Story sounds interesting but what a god-awful title.

Well, the movie is based off a Japanese science-fiction novel of the same name, it's one of those Japanese/English lost-in-translation things. I suppose they could have changed the title of the movie, but that would have probably just pissed off fans of the book.

Well, the movie is based off a Japanese science-fiction novel of the same name, it's one of those Japanese/English lost-in-translation things. I suppose they could have changed the title of the movie, but that would have probably just pissed off fans of the book.

Didn't realise that. Just sounds like one of those direct to DVD Die Hard rip-offs.

Sounds....Badass! Who doesn't want to see their commanding officer knocked down a few pegs and forced to do the same crap we do day in and day out!

New image from All You Need Is Kill

Comic-Con 2013: 14 Hot Movie Panels | Photo 1 of 17 | EW.com

9292405122_53cdd45057_o.jpg

Tom Cruise's personal life antics and views doesn't affect me the least to enjoy his films. And I often don't try to associate or judge any artists' work based on their personal convictions.

The last M:I film was fantastic, I enjoyed Oblivion immensely. I still didn't get a chance to watch Jack Reacher, which despite most people's reservations due to the novel got high praise.

And it's pretty evident from his line of work in the last decade that Cruise is a big sci-fi fan. Also, I forgot Emily Blunt was in it, that makes it even better. I am definitely looking forward to this.

He does have a helmet, see the photo linked in the opening post on page 1.

In the recent photo looks like it's part of the scene in the movie where they are taking a break. So they either lose the helmets at some point or have taken them off for the time being.

Re: Edge of Tomorrow

I was talking to a prop maker who worked on this film down in Leavesden Studios earlier in the year, he said about the amount of those battle suits that have been constructed for the film, in all sort of materials so they can really take a beating, also the amount of spare parts so if a part breaks they can just pop on a new section. Said they've had stunt people doing some amazing stuff in them. Like the look of it. Think the title is more commercial, probably the reason they've changed it.

Re: Edge of Tomorrow

EricVespe: Edge of Tomorrow looks pretty good. Hard sci-fi, a time travel component. Emily Blunt looks badass in her exo-suit.

devincf: EDGE OF TOMORROW footage is good. Looks fairly practical. Cruise running in an exoskeleton killing guys is cool. #SDCC

EricVespe: Cruise, as usual, totally invests himself. There's a weird sci-fi WW2 vibe that I quite liked.

devincf: Cruise is worried about saying b**** in front of the audience.

empiremagazine: Edge Of Tomorrow sees Emily Blunt's character known as Valkyrie One, or the Full Metal b****, but affectionately. Looks brutal, too.

EricVespe: So, Bill Paxton was sitting about 5 people away from me all panel. I'm obviously very observant.

devincf: Tom Cruise reveals Bill Paxton is in the audience. He is called to the stage. Cruise calls him Pax. #SDCC

devincf : Tom Cruise is doing Bill Paxton impressions to Bill Paxton. #SDCC

adamchitwood: Coaxed by Tom Cruise, Bill Paxton just said "Game over, man! Game over!" on the Hall H stage. My day is made. #sdcc

EricVespe: Bill Paxton's doing Aliens lines and the audience is going crazy. Tom Cruise is making him do Chet!

Silas Lesnick: Tom Cruise is begging Paxton to do Chet from Weird Science.

devincf: Tom Cruise just browbeat Bill Paxton into doing a Chet line.

Silas Lesnick: "How about a nice, greasy sandwich served in a dirty ashtray?" Paxton shoots back.

empiremagazine: Tom Cruise and Bill Paxton just had an Aliens quote-off. Paxton wins with "Game over, man!". #edgeoftomorrow #sdcc

EricVespe: Tom Cruise said he is first and foremost a cinephile and from what I know about him, he's not putting on a fake geek front.

Silas Lesnick: Paxton says the film is filled with a "perverse humor".

Silas Lesnick: He says that Cruise getting into the suit the first time is "like something out of a Woody Allen movie."

devincf: "I just want to entertain you all. It's a dream of mine and an honor." - Tom Cruise. #SDCC

EricVespe: Cruise's exosuit weighed 100-125 pounds, Emily's about 85 pounds. #EdgeofTomorrow

Emily Blunt is not to be trifled with in EDGE OF TOMORROW! - Ain't It Cool News

Edge of Tomorrow Posters

9330474888_922c954a62_o.jpg

11323565225_5f0731fafd_o.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back