Dredd (Post-release)

Could it also be said then that movies like these, make Cereal Killers?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

csi_miami_yeah_super.jpg

Unfiltered thoughts...not the best movie ever made/might pull punches recommending it unconditionally to friends, but I loved it. Almost surreal at times to see this comic I read as a kid come to life. I got really drawn in and couldn't care in the slightest that the uniforms were a bit off or whatever.

Urban gets some cheesy lines, but the good ones are killer ("well, ya got one now"). Anderson and the main villain were amazing. Clearly a film done on the cheap so I can't wait to see what they'd do with a bigger budget.

I loved it, But they could have casted dredd with someone else ,Urban looked like he was about to cry as opposed to sneering....heck, the actor playing judge Lex looked more the part of Dredd

I really like Dredd's look in this one. He looks like a biker with some miles on him, rather than Sly's "I am da law" Captain Amazing superhero costume look.

Urban's Dredd would not have looked out of place amongst Lord Humongous' Raiders in Road Warrior.

Remember how I didn't like this movie a couple of pages ago? Well, it just so happens that I also happen to be a fan of 2000ad, Judge Dredd in particular (let's face it, there are times Judge Dredd is the only reason this mag still exists). So I got me the DVD and watched it in its original dub.

I was amazed. It's still not the best movie ever, but Dredd sounds less like Bale's Batman and more like something unique. The puns work and the stuff Urban does with his voice is amazing. I would love to see a sequel and were the armours not so damn unpractical for everyday wear, I'd love to have it.

EDIT:
I really like Dredd's look in this one. He looks like a biker with some miles on him, rather than Sly's "I am da law" Captain Amazing superhero costume look.
That would be "Ahm d'lorrr!", sir.

I loved it, But they could have casted dredd with someone else ,Urban looked like he was about to cry as opposed to sneering....heck, the actor playing judge Lex looked more the part of Dredd

I cant agree with you about Urban, loved his performance but Im with you on the Lex guy being outstanding, his mouth acting was fantastic.

Lex WAS pretty cool as a crooked Judge. I liked the way Ma-Ma was sort of cowed by him. She went totally non-aggressive with the Four Way split crew.

Yeah, I thought she was either really hot for him or super smart for being extra cool around the Judges. Lena Headey rocked it.

Hope thats ok for the esteemed members of the Academy

Loved it. Much better than expected. Nice to see Lena Hadley...hadn't seen her since The Sara Conner Chronicles.

Also liked seeing Deobia Oparei (the paramedic in the block) with Urban again. Those two hadn't shared the screen since DOOM (he played Destroyer).

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back