Denzel is The Equalizer! (Post-release)

Re: Denzel is The Equalizer!

Martha Jones was a Brit?

Anyway, never really cared for Denzel. The only role I liked him in is "Book of Eli" where his snottishness fit perfectly for the character.

Woodward made that show what it was. The Equalizer with Denzel will be just another humdrum action movie.

They better have lots of color filters standing by in case Tony Scott directs.

Martha Jones was a Brit?

Anyway, never really cared for Denzel. The only role I liked him in is "Book of Eli" where his snottishness fit perfectly for the character.

I love Denzel as an actor, but I have always felt that way too. If he wasn't so good at his craft, I would absolutely hate him. In every one of his roles, he is always the coolest guy in school. Responding to questions w/questions. He always has to have that really cool one line answer that makes other characters "Nervous". Except he acts like a decent human being towards children and women. But every guy he encounters, he acts like is he way too cool for school. I hate that.

I always said if I was a director, I would love to have Denzel take a role as a weak man who stumbles on his words, and always looks down when talking to other people. But he wouldn't take that role because he wouldn't come off as powerful or meaningful. Maybe it is the antagonist in me, the need to put someone in their place.

Wow, for the longest time I've felt like I was the only one that didn't like Denzel. You both really nailed it on what irks me about him.

Nah, Denzel, will never be Equalizer, it was always Edward Woodward, "and always will be" as Mark Knopfler once sang!

Lee

One of my favorite shows! My first thought to play the character would be someone with a hawkish look about him like Woodward could do, perhap someone like Sean Bean.

Saw it last night. It was a pretty decent action film. Denzel certainly made for a bad-ass for his age.

I saw the trailer and it looked pretty cool, is there graphic sexual content? I wasn't sure if the R rating was just for violence and swearing.

Yeah I thought it was really entertaining. It didn't shock me that much that Denzel looked old haha :p

I jut wished he would have told the girl that he killed them, it doesn't seem that she knew of it haha.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back