Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Post-release)

Re: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

International poster. Rest of the poster looks cool, but they should have skipped the floating heads.

Some of the apes on the sides are edited out, but this US poster is much better.

Last edited:

LOVE the US poster. Nice to see old school artwork and not another lame Photoshop of the two stars' faces. Very fun.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes had parallels to Conquest, and Dawn has parallels with Battle. I wonder if the next movie will come full circle to the first movie?

I'm hoping the third part comes full circle with Beneath. So we can get mutant humans living underground and worshipping the doomsday device. And put a modern twist on it.

That last trailer was better than most movies I've seen this year. I really hope this lives up to its own ads. Come on July!!!

Man this looks good.

It's hard seeing Gary Oldman playing a character you're not supposed to like. So used to him as Jim Gordon...

...It's hard seeing Gary Oldman playing a character you're not supposed to like. So used to him as Jim Gordon...
Oldman has played quite a few characters you're not supposed to like--Sid Vicious in Sid and Nancy, Lee Harvey Oswald in JFK, Dracula, Drexl Spivey in True Romance, Stansfield in Léon: The Professional, Dr. Smith in Lost In Space, Zorg in The Fifth Element, and so on. The problem, in my opinion, is that he's so good at what he does and plays even the most despicable characters with such enthusiasm that it's difficult to dislike the man and/or the characters he creates.

Oldman has played quite a few characters you're not supposed to like--Sid Vicious in Sid and Nancy, Lee Harvey Oswald in JFK, Dracula, Drexl Spivey in True Romance, Stansfield in Léon: The Professional, Dr. Smith in Lost In Space, Zorg in The Fifth Element, and so on. The problem, in my opinion, is that he's so good at what he does and plays even the most despicable characters with such enthusiasm that it's difficult to dislike the man and/or the characters he creates.

Good points. And you sometimes forget he even played those characters because he's so different in a lot of the movies he plays in. He's not Gary Oldman as "XYZ" character... it's like there is no Gary Oldman... he IS the character.

I like Jason Clarke as well. Oldman is amazing.
I love te Mean Tweets Read by Celebrities he did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary Oldman is one of my favorites. Its kind of crazy but I guess I sort of resemble him. With the mohawk I've had for the past 8 years, its a fairly regular thing for random people in public to tell me I look like Zorg. which is pretty awesome every time it happens

Good points. And you sometimes forget he even played those characters because he's so different in a lot of the movies he plays in. He's not Gary Oldman as "XYZ" character... it's like there is no Gary Oldman... he IS the character.
I concur; he's a chameleon. The characters might have Oldman's face, but they're otherwise unique and distinct.

Hard to believe he was Mason Verger in Hannibal, too.
Especially considering he was buried under all of that makeup. I don't really consider Verger to be a villainous character though--I think almost anyone who survived one of Lecter's attacks and had the means would probably seek revenge the way Verger did.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back