David Fincher's Gone Girl (Post-release)

Vivek

Master Member
David Fincher shoots this week's 'Gone Girl' EW cover with Ben Affleck | PopWatch | EW.com

Gone Girl is one among my Most Anticipated Movies of 2014.

And I am digging this creepy cover photographed by Fincher.

11838317624_7fbf66ceeb_o.jpg

Re: David Fincher's Gone Girl

Few more days until the supposedly creepy and disturbing trailer for Gone Girl goes online.

This looks real good. I wanted to read the book... but, I might just wait no until after the movie.

Gone Girl Images Feature David Fincher; Ben Affleck Describes It as the Perfect Date Movie

From the article:

"Speaking with Empire (which also debuted the images), Fincher says Gone Girl is a date movie that will “end 15 million marriages”, while Affleck has other ideas about why it’s a good film for couples to see together: "

"I actually think this is the perfect date movie, not because I think it’ll result in divorce – I think that’s just David’s fantasy – but because it’s the kind of movie that a husband and wife could talk about afterwards. I think a man and a woman would have different takes on what happens. The last time I was in a movie that I thought polarised men and women in an interesting way was Chasing Amy. That was quite some time ago."

"Rosamund Pike also thinks the dramatic thriller raises interesting questions about marriage and couplehood: "

"That aspect of marriage as a con game, or whatever. The idea that we perform a sort of ideal version of ourselves that the other person wants. We perhaps belie our true nature in order to perform to the ideal. David and I talked a lot about living in an age of rampant narcissism."

I think the only discussion my husband and I had after watching Chasing Amy was whether it sucked or if it really sucked.

I think the only discussion my husband and I had after watching Chasing Amy was whether it sucked or if it really sucked.
Oh, boy... Chasing Amy - while I initially didn't care for it - has become one of my favorite movies of all time. (In fact, I often say Chasing Amy and Donnie Darkie are my favorite non-genre movies for lack of better phrasing).

Damn it. Was hoping to see Gone Girl on Friday, but it's releasing next week in India. Must avoid spoilers till then.

Wow.

I don't know what else to say right now. I'm glad I went in knowing relatively nothing about this... the ending will bug and haunt me to no end. I'm not sure if I liked where it took me, but I definitely enjoyed the ride going there.

I just finished the book. I have never been so angry at a piece of literature. Can't wait to see the movie. Hope it illicits the same reaction.

I just finished the book. I have never been so angry at a piece of literature. Can't wait to see the movie. Hope it illicits the same reaction.
LOL, That's pretty much how the movie made me feel. I'll be finishing the book soon...

If I recall correctly, there was only one scene with some nudity that was of consequence to the story... the other (2?) scenes weren't as important to the overall storyline.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back