Dark Knight Rises

The-Dark-Knight-Rises-International-Poster-Catwoman.jpg

The-Dark-Knight-Rises-International-Poster-Batman.jpg

The-Dark-Knight-Rises-International-Poster-Bane.jpg

The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Poster-Catwoman.jpg

The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Poster-Batman.jpg

The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Poster-Bane.jpg

The new poster seems to say alot about the approach to this new movie. I hope I'm wrong. I hope its better then I think and exceeds my expectations because at this point I can only be surprised by how good it (might) turn out to be. As much as I like the new look of Bane, he's still not my top choice for the villain. As much as I wanted to see Nolan's take on Catwoman, I'm disappointed by the seemingly lazy approach to her costume. A new batsuit, a new batmobile (not tumbler and definately not a flying tumbler), and a new direction for the film, much as they had done for TDK. While some parts may now seem contrived, I was still blown away by Begins much more then I was by TDK. With the Avengers pulling in huge numbers (and rightfully so) you'd think that TDKR would just step it up abit. That they can't rest on their past laurels to ensure that the success of this film. While it does come down to 'the right story' there is something to be said about the amazing marketing they had for TDK and how hype can ensure that this story does get told to the widest audience possible.
I really hope in a few months time that I'm eating my words and will gladly do so. But at this point its the marketing for this film thats leaving me with an empty feeling.

The new poster seems to say alot about the approach to this new movie. I hope I'm wrong. I hope its better then I think and exceeds my expectations because at this point I can only be surprised by how good it (might) turn out to be. As much as I like the new look of Bane, he's still not my top choice for the villain. As much as I wanted to see Nolan's take on Catwoman, I'm disappointed by the seemingly lazy approach to her costume. A new batsuit, a new batmobile (not tumbler and definately not a flying tumbler), and a new direction for the film, much as they had done for TDK. While some parts may now seem contrived, I was still blown away by Begins much more then I was by TDK. With the Avengers pulling in huge numbers (and rightfully so) you'd think that TDKR would just step it up abit. That they can't rest on their past laurels to ensure that the success of this film. While it does come down to 'the right story' there is something to be said about the amazing marketing they had for TDK and how hype can ensure that this story does get told to the widest audience possible.
I really hope in a few months time that I'm eating my words and will gladly do so. But at this point its the marketing for this film thats leaving me with an empty feeling.

You do realize that marketing a good movie does not make?

Also, Avengers had nothing to do with this film. The Dark Knight Rises will be strong or weak by its own right. Bane feels like the right villain to me. The themes of ending and death are perfect for a final installment. I cannot imagine a better villain for this actually.

You do realize that marketing a good movie does not make?

Also, Avengers had nothing to do with this film. The Dark Knight Rises will be strong or weak by its own right. Bane feels like the right villain to me. The themes of ending and death are perfect for a final installment. I cannot imagine a better villain for this actually.

I could....the joker :)

But seriously. Its not just the marketing. My argument was that the marketing seems as blah as from what I've seen so far. I don't want to get into an argument about it because its not really up for discussion or debate...its simply the way i view things and it doesn't have to be necessarily shared by everyone or anyone. Again, I'll be happy to say in a few months that this was the greatest Batman flick I've seen. I'm just saying that heading into it, I don't have that sense of optimism that I had for Begins or TDK.

But seriously. Its not just the marketing. My argument was that the marketing seems as blah as from what I've seen so far. I don't want to get into an argument about it because its not really up for discussion or debate...its simply the way i view things and it doesn't have to be necessarily shared by everyone or anyone. Again, I'll be happy to say in a few months that this was the greatest Batman flick I've seen. I'm just saying that heading into it, I don't have that sense of optimism that I had for Begins or TDK.

Eh, the Joker served his purpose. He stirs things up. Bane is more about control and power. That would make a much better ending then the Joker.

Have you seen the 6 minute preview? That was the ultimate teaser!
Bane just doesn't have that character that the Joker had and who can top Ledger's Joker? No one, IMO.

But bane is all about physicality and brooding rage, not bi-polar maniacal laughing and quick one-liner's! Just my two cents.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back