Crossover movies

I always thought Soldier took place in the Aliens universe but the BR connection sounds better. I always like when film makers pay tribute to their favorite movies like this.

Actually, I think they all are supposed to take place in the same universe. If you include easter eggs, that grows to include Firefly/Serenity. Blade Runner and Alien took place in the universe according to a few Scott interviews from the 80s I think.

If you pay attention, all of the seasons bar one of Power Rangers occur in the same world, the exception is R.P.M., but in my mind that one is a travesty and an abomination, and doesn't count. ALSO, if you paid attention in, it's either the fifth or sixth year (Turbo or in Space), can't remember off hand and don't want to go look it up, the Ninja Turtles make a one episode appearance. Crazy, and it counts.

Power Rangers in Space, wasn't half a bad episode if I remember right, may have to Netflix that one.

Just saw Rollerball (1975) yesterday, and it reminded me of certain elements found in THX1138. Taking pills, games to keep the populace occupied, a totalitarian state. It felt like THX1138 was a sequel, although it´s older.

(Is it okay to include tv?)

Boston Legal- Alan Shore (James Spader) is describing a book about parasites found on salmon to Denny Crane (played by William Shatner)-

Alan- This book, "A Stain Upon The Sea" it's all about these sea lice.
Denny- Interesting.
Alan- They call them "cling ons."
Denny-...Did you say "Klingons?"

:lol

Kevin

Actually, I think they all are supposed to take place in the same universe. If you include easter eggs, that grows to include Firefly/Serenity. Blade Runner and Alien took place in the universe according to a few Scott interviews from the 80s I think.

Power Rangers in Space, wasn't half a bad episode if I remember right, may have to Netflix that one.

Opening scene in Firefly, Mal jumps on an anti aircraft gun, the gun screen has the WY logo ;)

Another TV crossover:

Warehouse 13, Eureka, and Alphas all take place in the same universe. There was the Fargo/Claudia crossover between Eureka and Warehouse 13, and Doctor Calder (Lindsay Wagner) was in both Warehouse 13 and an episode of Alphas.

More TV:

Homicide: Life on the Street and Law and Order crossed over back & forth, before Munch went into LaO: SVU.
Munch also appeared in The X-Files (tho unnamed), and (I think) Lone Gunmen.
Millenium exists in the same X-Files world.

Firefly's Serenity appeared in the Galactica reboot (first mini series ep).

The ship from Silent Running appeared on the original Galactica in the rag-tag fleet.

Last edited:
Munch also appeared in The X-Files (tho unnamed)

No, he introduced himself as Detective Munch.

and (I think) Lone Gunmen.

Almost... The X-Files episode with Munch was Lone Gunmen-centric, featuring the first meeting of the Lone Gunmen and Mulder at a science convention (IIRC) in Boston.

Truthfully, though, John Munch has been on more shows than that, and if you factor in the character of Tommy Westphall (from St. Elsewhere), you'll find that over 90% of non-animated television is connected somehow. Toss in the X-Files crossover with The Simpsons (thereby bringing in animated television) and 99% of all television is connected.

Cross Over - Television Tropes & Idioms (Look under Live Action TV. It's the first entry.)

Crossover Grid Key (organized by quadrant) 1 In the center St

http://home.vicnet.net.au/~kwgow/crossovers(full).jpg (This is the grid)

Opening scene in Firefly, Mal jumps on an anti aircraft gun, the gun screen has the WY logo ;)

Yep Battle of Serenity Valley, Weyland made the UA 57-D Ground Sentry Mal uses

tumblr_lvduyv06xl1qa1o5zo1_500.png

Yep Battle of Serenity Valley, Weyland made the UA 57-D Ground Sentry Mal uses

tumblr_lvduyv06xl1qa1o5zo1_500.png

Which makes sense, as the Earth in that series is described to be "used up", and in Alien Resurrection, it's been described as a $#!thole (and in a deleted scene, we see that the Earth is completely wasted).

I find this thread very interesting because its making me want to revisit some of these movies with a different perspective

There was a very weird Quincy/Diagnosis Murder crossover episode once. I'm not sure Quincy was explicitly named but it was clearly supposed to be him.

I remember heard a rumor a LONG time ago (In a Starlog magazine) they they were trying to do a cross-over between Golden Child and Star Trek IV.

Apparently Eddie Murphy is a huge ST fan and they were trying to coordinate it where the taxi driver that called Kirk a 'Dumb Ass" was going to be Eddie Murphy's character, then in Golden Child they were going to show that same scene, only from the POV of the taxi driver.

Would have loved it if they pulled that one off.

The Scream universe and Kevin Smith's View Askewniverse are the same, at least Scream 3 is. Jay & Silent Bob make a cameo appearance in Scream 3 doing a Hollywood set tour.

The Doctor mentions that he's met Arthur Dent at some point in new Who, forget when.

In his book, Russell T. Davies talked about wanting a christmas special of Who where Harry Potter characters come to life and start menacing JK Rowling. As it's fiction coming to life, it's not exactly a crossover, but worth mentioning maybe.

Wasn't there some connection between Blade Runner and Black Rain?

Also on TV, there's the crossover with Community and Cougar Town

Which makes sense, as the Earth in that series is described to be "used up", and in Alien Resurrection, it's been described as a $#!thole (and in a deleted scene, we see that the Earth is completely wasted).

... of course, this completely contradicts the whole "no such thing as aliens" thing in Firefly.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back