The Counselor (Post-release)

Vivek

Master Member
The Counselor movie discussion with spoilers.

The Counselor - New Trailer - 20th Century Fox Official HD - YouTube

Release Date: October 25, 2013

Synopsis: A lawyer finds himself in over his head when he gets involved in drug trafficking.

Director: Ridley Scott
Writer: Cormac McCarthy
Cast: Michael Fassbender, Penelope Cruz, Cameron Diaz, Javier Bardem, Brad Pitt

IMDB: The Counselor (2013) - IMDb

10461111724_08f9223a47_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw this last night. Let's just say I am not suggesting you spend any $$ on it. The movie was all over the place, there were way too many characters in it, the dialogue is way over written and with that growl, Fassbender coulda gave Bale a run for his money as the Dark Knight. One of the things that stuck with me (and annoyed me) was how everyone else in the movie had a proper name, but there wasn't a single person who called him anything but the Counselor. To make things clear, he is not some sort of drug kingpin - this is a guy who just got involved in his first ever drug deal. I never really understood exactly why the cartels were out to get him.

Can't say that it's even worth a Netflix screening.

Cant agree more! 2 hours and if you edited all the action sequences together they would add up to 2 minutes.

Saw this last night. Let's just say I am not suggesting you spend any $$ on it. The movie was all over the place, there were way too many characters in it, the dialogue is way over written and with that growl, Fassbender coulda gave Bale a run for his money as the Dark Knight. One of the things that stuck with me (and annoyed me) was how everyone else in the movie had a proper name, but there wasn't a single person who called him anything but the Counselor. To make things clear, he is not some sort of drug kingpin - this is a guy who just got involved in his first ever drug deal. I never really understood exactly why the cartels were out to get him.

Can't say that it's even worth a Netflix screening.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back