Clarkson fired, Top Gear taken off schedules

The license actually covers a fair bit and gives us the best thing about the BBC, no damned advert breaks.

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/topics/what-does-your-licence-fee-pay-for-top13

I don't mind the license that much, but the management at the beeb has got out of hand. It's become rather corrupt.

TG was the only thing I watched on Live TV and I don't listen to the radio :)

I agree about the BBC, cover up paedos but get rid of someone for having a scrap.

Guys, I've read reports saying even the producer has said Clarkson didn't even hit him. Some crap about having to visit hospital due to some contract BS :wacko
Can't believe anything in todays society, apparently.

Wait, you need a license in the UK to watch telly? How absurd sounding... :confused

We have the same thing in Sweden. Absurd? HELLS yeah. I don't even watch TV! I use it for blurays, gaming and well basically everything but watching TV.

Bloody 'ell! I know that show! :lol :lol Haha I so had totally repressed that :p

You only have to pay the licence in the UK if you're plugged in to the aerial, not to actually own a TV.

Only two shows left on the beeb now. DW and Sherlock. The Musketeers has a great cast and production values, but the writing tends to be too obvious, especially this second series so I could wait for the blu-ray of that.

At least Brand'll stay the hell out of my country and stop harassing people who don't follow his insane ideas. He and Piers Morgan shouldn't be allowed out of England.

At least Brand'll stay the hell out of my country and stop harassing people who don't follow his insane ideas. He and Piers Morgan shouldn't be allowed out of England.

Hey! They're your problem now, leave us alone! :lol

I'm not going to watch TG without Jeremy(and presumably Hammond and May) anyway, but if they actually hired Russell Brand as his replacement it would show how pathetic and desperate the BBC truly are. I absolutely loathe that ass clown!

BBC reports they have already found a replacement :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlT7Ku_UDoc

tudyk not approve.png

Any self opinionated chump can replace Clarkson. The loss of this boorish oaf is no tragedy.

Well, when you consider a man that is paid rather handsomely to give HIS FREAKING OPINION, self-opinionated, you've pretty much hit the nail on the head,AND destroyed your opportunity for a rational argument..

So the BBC sack Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson because he punched a dude in the face. Yet only a few years ago the BBC were in trouble because they had known about one of their previously employed TV show hosts being a paedophile and did sweet f all about it. Pricks.

I'm not going to watch TG without Jeremy(and presumably Hammond and May) anyway, but if they actually hired Russell Brand as his replacement it would show how pathetic and desperate the BBC truly are. I absolutely loathe that ass clown!

I don't even care who they hire, I don't really give a damn about cars, the only reason I watched Top Gear was the interaction between the presenters. That's now gone. There is no replacement that will recreate that. I'm done, not only with Top Gear, but with the BBC entirely.

- - - Updated - - -

Any self opinionated chump can replace Clarkson. The loss of this boorish oaf is no tragedy.

Then why did you watch it? And if you didn't watch it, why are you so concerned about it?

So the BBC sack Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson because he punched a dude in the face. Yet only a few years ago the BBC were in trouble because they had known about one of their previously employed TV show hosts being a paedophile and did sweet f all about it. Pricks.
That could actually be part of the reason they are not renewing his contract. They do not want to be accused of protecting employees again.

I still think the BBC over reacted, As a general rule, what you do outside normal working hours and off the Employer’s premises is of no concern to the Employer.
This should have been a personal matter between Clarkson and Tymon (who chose not to press charges.)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back