Big Hero 6 (Post-release)

Vivek

Master Member
Though I haven't read the comic series, I included Big Hero 6 in my 30 Most Anticipated Movies of 2014. The trailer will be released next week on May 22.

This is the first Marvel Studio movie through Disney's animation division.

Here is the first look video which was released last year featuring the look of San Fransokyo.

From the video description: "From Walt Disney Animation Studios comes "Big Hero 6," an action comedy adventure about brilliant robotics prodigy Hiro Hamada, who finds himself in the grips of a criminal plot that threatens to destroy the fast-paced, high-tech city of San Fransokyo. With the help of his closest companion—a robot named Baymax—Hiro joins forces with a reluctant team of first-time crime fighters on a mission to save their city. Inspired by the Marvel comics of the same name, and featuring comic-book style action and all the heart and humor audiences expect from Walt Disney Animation Studios, the CG-animated "Big Hero 6" hits theaters in 3D on November 7, 2014."

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Big Hero 6

Really hyped up for this movie. I absolutely loved The Incredibles (which is Pixar but I feel the lines between Disney and Pixar animated movies are beginning to blur) so I hope this will be similar in quality. Last few Disney animated movies have been amazing so I have no doubt that this will be great.

Didn't know that it's an adaptation of a comic book though. Guess I have something new to read now!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT8qmoCgxZg" target="_blank">

N
ew Trailer out. My wife and I want to make these costumes.

I want Hiro:

Big-Hero-6-1.jpg

She wants Honey Lemon:
Big-Hero-6-6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

This could be the first great CG animated hero movie since Incredibles.

There weren't really that many CG animated superhero movies to begin with :lol Besides Incredibles, only Megamind and arguably Monsters vs Aliens come to mind. Megamind was entertaining while MvA was just awful. If Disney can make just as good if not better than Wreck It Ralph, I'll be happy.

True. Megamind was ok. MvA was fun. Wreck It Ralph put me to sleep and was disappointing in that I was really hoping for more retro videogames and not a bunch of made up ones with a couple retro references. I would consider Despicable Me somewhat of a hero movie... and I didn't think it was all that great either.

I held back from generalizing to just saying animated but short of maybe one or two movies I would stand by that. Most of them have been ok, but nothing as mind blowingly fun as Incredibles. I could be forgetting some.

Not sure how relevant this is, but I have been working on a 1/3rd scale inflatable Baymax replica for a cosplay for the last month. Still working on the plans but will post my development if people are interested.

I took my 7-year-old son to see it today. I swear, I have to start taking tissues with me to kids' movies, because I'm getting to be a big ol' embarrassing softie. I grew up on Giant Robot and Gigantor and all manner of Japanese monster movies, so this movie touched me deeply. Loads of easter eggs and homages. It was reminiscent of a few other Disney/Pixar movies (How to Train Your Dragon, in particular) but still boasts its own style. My kid really enjoyed it and stated his desire to have the soundtrack on his iPod. So I bought it as soon as we got home and immediately put it on both our iPods.

Be sure to stay to the end of the credits--especially if you're a Marvel fan.

Just got back from seeing it.
I dozed for about a minute or two... but more because I started the day early.

This was a great, fun movie. Not quite as awesome as Incredibles, but definitely up there.

I'm a big vagina... I let loose a tear toward the end. Emotions have been a little wonky lately.

Loved the post-credits scene.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back