Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

This trailer was/is made purley as a trailer. They used much higher end models, materials, and rendering engines than the game will. The only thing this has in common with the eventual game are the look of the batmobile and the look of batman. I always wonder why they'll spend over a million bucks (or much more) for something that is nothing but a commercial.

Just go back and look at the commercials produced for Origins. Same thing. What they wound up having in common with the final game was minimal.

Not that the commercial wasn't good, or great even. It was, but it says nothing about the game itself other than 'it's coming'.

Now I can agree with you on one thing Jeyl, WW or any female role for that matter is typically under developed or just not done overly well. WW is going to be a tough sell for DC, one I hope they get right.

This trailer was/is made purley as a trailer. They used much higher end models, materials, and rendering engines than the game will. The only thing this has in common with the eventual game are the look of the batmobile and the look of batman. I always wonder why they'll spend over a million bucks (or much more) for something that is nothing but a commercial.

Just go back and look at the commercials produced for Origins. Same thing. What they wound up having in common with the final game was minimal.

Not that the commercial wasn't good, or great even. It was, but it says nothing about the game itself other than 'it's coming'.

To counter that argument, I would have to say this is only for the next Gen consoles whose graphics and game play are not that far off. Now I do agree even though the trailers are awesome and do what they are meant to do (get you to buy the game) I would like to see some of the cinematic actually in the game and not just a completely cinematic feature that only has characters in common. I expected Deathstroke to be in the game a lot more and as a main villain in origins, but you fight him once and done.

http://sdccblog.com/2014/03/under-t...m-nerdist-contest-batmobile-neca-bates-motel/

"There’s a possibility we may see at least one Batmobile at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con. During a Warner Bros. “Meet the Family Speaker Series“, Assistant Director of Transporation at Warner Bros., Cassandra Salapatas-Metz, was asked if we might be seeing the new Batman vs. Superman Batmobile at SDCC. Here was the response: "

"Well, I’m not at liberty to say. But I think you might have a point there. But I think — let’s put it this way — it’s been spoken of, so always possible. We’re at the ready — us teamsters. We’re ready to roll if need be."

Pissing contest continues between DC and Marvel, except this time there's real money at stake:
Captain America 3 to Go Up Against Batman vs. Superman? - SuperHeroHype

I think this is stupid, both studios are gonna lose a lot of money if neither budges in this game of chicken. While I'm excited for both films, I'm more partial to Marvel's side here because they claimed that weekend first. WB has started production on BvS and is way ahead of Cap 3 which most likely doesn't even have a script yet, they should move their date up to April so that both sides can make their coin.

I think this is stupid, both studios are gonna lose a lot of money if neither budges in this game of chicken. While I'm excited for both films, I'm more partial to Marvel's side here because they claimed that weekend first. WB has started production on BvS and is way ahead of Cap 3 which most likely doesn't even have a script yet, they should move their date up to April so that both sides can make their coin.

Exactly I'm a little annoyed that marvel is doing this, I just think that there gonna rush cap 3 so they can compete with WB and it's gonna turn out badly.

Well Marvel have their movies planned for this whole decade and they first claimed the May 6, 2016 weekend. They are not rushing anything.

WB clamored for the July 2015 release, now changed plans and then decided to take over the May 6, 2016 date. Marvel said they are not budging and I am glad to hear that.

Rumor is that now WB will take the April 29, 2016 weekend spot, a week before Marvel. (BTW this change in date was actually in the news before the Cap 3 title was announced)

But there is no way WB is going to release such an anticipated movie in end of April and I doubt they will actually release it a week near to Marvel's.

It's either early April or June/July. April still seems off, granted it will likely work for the current Captain America sequel. But for Superman Batman it needs to be in a full fledged summer slot.

Last edited:
Oh man... two big budget comic book movies at the same time.... THIS IS HORRIBLE!!!!

Like anything else in this world, I have my doubts that they'll meet that schedule considering all the crap that happens in Hollywood.

Do they even have a script for Cap 3? Or, for that matter, the Batman v Superman movie?

If it was on the same weekend, I will see both. I like both, and hope BvS does well because DC needs a good universe of heroes for a change, not just Bats. Having them on the same weekend does nothing, but make me look forward to that years films.

Well Marvel have their movies planned for this whole decade and they first claimed the May 6, 2016 weekend. They are not rushing anything.

WB clamored for the July 2015 release, now changed plans and then decided to take over the May 6, 2016 date. Marvel said they are not budging and I am glad to hear that.

Rumor is that now WB will take the April 29, 2016 weekend spot, a week before Marvel. (BTW this change in date was actually in the news before the Cap 3 title was announced)

But there is no way WB is going to release such an anticipated movie in end of April and I doubt they will actually release it a week near to Marvel's.

It's either early April or June/July. April still seems off, granted it will likely work for the current Captain America sequel. But for Superman Batman it needs to be in a full fledged summer slot.

Why wouldn't WB want 4/29? It's not like there's any real difference between it and the first friday of may...besides Cap 2 is out 4/4...Cap 1 was mid april I believe as well and it worked out for them.

I guess 29 wouldn't be too good because sure, you'd get that weekend but pretty much everyone would do cap 3 on the following week and you'd go from top to also ran in 7 days. If you're looking for any amount of staying power (which current flicks don't seem to really try for it seems), go later may or mid june or july when nothing else is really slated.

Seems to me WB's move was to go on the offensive with marvel because at the time marvel had the weekend, but didn't have a title lined up yet. It had appeared it'd be something like Ant Man or Dr Strange, and from a public standpoint, i can see them thinking no one really knows those but they all know bat/sup and that it'd be a good challenge to try say 'we're getting our act together'...

Of course, given past history - smart money is on the marvel movie being better - regardless of which movie they'd stick there.

Left field thought: I just saw the Marvel: Agents of Shield episode with Lady Sif. Jamie Alexander would have had a great look for Wonder Woman and was a favorite of mine....until now. I don't know what it was or if anyone else saw her in the show and felt the same, but I'm kind of glad they are going with Gal now. Alexander did not give a convincing Sif performance and I don't think she would have pulled off Wonder Woman. So, that being said I'm putting a little more faith in the producers of BvS and hope their casting choices are based on the best of what we have yet to see. Hoping Gal and Jesse will pull off their parts.

Exactly I'm a little annoyed that marvel is doing this, I just think that there gonna rush cap 3 so they can compete with WB and it's gonna turn out badly.

Nah, no contest. Watch a fun Captain America film or watch another crappy Snyderman film? That is not a hard decision ;)

Yeah... People have been waiting a looong time to see batman and superman together on the big screen, however good cap 3 will be, and I'm sure it will be good, it still won't have a chance against BvS. Although this little war is stupid, Marvel may not win but it will take a cut off BvS for sure ! If Warner would just move it a few months sooner, I think everybody would be happy. Probably not going to happen though.

Nah, no contest. Watch a fun Captain America film or watch another crappy Snyderman film? That is not a hard decision ;)

Its like teragon said, people have been waiting a long time to see batman and superman on the same screen. Cap 3 might be ok, but bvs will definitely come out on top, when batman and superman are on the same screen for the first time it will be iconic and great! Cap 3....not so much

Let's see how Cap 2 does, it will also have Avengers 2 as a lead in. Sadly, Snyder's Superman has been less than iconic and while it's popular in circles like the RPF, it wasn't loved by the critics (although it has a healthy audience rating on RT). Affleck has some up in arms, Eisenberg has even more up in arms... I think a lot of what happens to BvS depends heavily on the pre-release info - what the Bat suit look like, etc.

I am obviously not a MoS fan. At all. I am a huge fan of the Affleck casting - but, I think Eisenberg's casting is just the most stupidest thing I've ever heard in a comic book flick - I'd rather see the Bat-suit with nipples again that this guy on screen.

I'll be skipping BvS (at least opening weekend - but most likely period).

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back