Astronaut Chris Hadfield sings "Space Oddity" aboard ... the Space Station!

I saw bits of it on the news last night, however DFN's link was my first time watching it in its entirety.

That was so incredibly awesome it gave me goosebumps... and at the risk of sounding like a complete sap, I actually got a little misty eyed near the end.

Kevin

The takeaway I get from this video is...

JJ Abrams is absolutely right. There really is a ton of lens flare in space.

Chris Hadfield: the best ambassador Canada has ever had.

I posted the link on my Facebook page shortly after it was passed on thru David Bowie's page, and there were just over 5000 views. Two days later views are over 9 million!

I had the opportunity to meet Chris a number of years ago after his first mission. He was at the Comox airshow, he even flew up in his NASA trainer jet. It was an absolute blast following this mission.

At least the lens flares in this were real lol. This guy has single handedly got kids interested in space again by doing question sessions live. if nasa did this more maybe we'd have a ton of engineers like in the 60s with the apollo era instead of everyone wanting to be a rapper.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back