American Hustle (Post-release)

Jennifer Lawrence - I'm there. I have grown sooooooo tired of Amy Adams though - This being a slice of the dirty living area of America I truly do expect to see some tatas in this movie.

Yup, I love me some JL. I really enjoyed Jennifer and Bradley together in Silver Linings Playbook so I'll definitely give this a go.

Just didn't care for this at all. Everything looked good and I expected to like it... and it just didn't work at all for me. Some of the dialog scenes just seemed too forced and didn't work -with no real conviction behind them at all. I think there was a plot in this movie someplace, but it got lost with the psuedo-character driven drivel and maybe if we inflect and act like we're acting no one will notice how staged and forced this conversation is.

The one thing I liked (other than Amy Adams' wardrobe) was Louis CK. I'm not familiar with him (outside of his stint on Parks & Recreation years ago), but he seemed to work well.

Well... That was something... I love con and heist movies, so I thought the ending was great, but It's not a movie that has that re-play value, for me at least. I just didn't care about the over sexual triangle going on. (Surprisingly. I didn't mind that in the Hobbit) Still! A lot of cool stuff! I don't think I'll forget about this movie any time soon. Jennifer Lawrence cleaning her house dramatically while The Wing's James Bond song is playing or seeing Robert De Niro be the bad ass we've been waiting to see again.

I also thought Jeremy Renner and Louis CK nailed their roles. I think Christian Bales fat and hair was a little jarring to look at. I know he gained the actually weight for that movie, but I couldn't stop thinking of the movie Blow, where Johnny Depp had the fat suit. I would love to see Bale in some more humorous roles though!

I actually worked on this film and I wanted to add to the above comment about the wardrobe. I remember talking to one of the people on the wardrobe staff who I had worked with on a couple other things. I could see that she was really stressed out. One of our holding/catering spots was spread throughout this church and I remember seeing just rack upon rack of vintage clothing for all of the extras. The problem was that we as a people,....are just fatter now. The clothes in the film, are VERY thin, trim and unforgiving. That poor wardrobe room and the nightmare they shared making a heavier modern community look good in the past ;)

I actually worked on this film and I wanted to add to the above comment about the wardrobe. I remember talking to one of the people on the wardrobe staff who I had worked with on a couple other things. I could see that she was really stressed out. One of our holding/catering spots was spread throughout this church and I remember seeing just rack upon rack of vintage clothing for all of the extras. The problem was that we as a people,....are just fatter now. The clothes in the film, are VERY thin, trim and unforgiving. That poor wardrobe room and the nightmare they shared making a heavier modern community look good in the past ;)

Haha
Did you get to keep any of the wardrobe? If anything, that had to be an awesome experience in itself.

Nooo :D I wasn't an extra. I was working locations for shots they did in Worcester, Ma., which doubled for Ny/Nj. So I didn't have to squeeze into any of that stuff thank god ;)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back