After Earth (Post-release)

Vivek

Master Member
M. Night Shyamalan's 'After Earth' Teaser Makes Full Use of Facebook Timeline Technology | Movies.com

Pretty intriguing teaser video. Don't know if Shyamalan can revive his career after his previously panned films, but I am always on-board for a new sci-fi film. And this is his first time directing a movie not written by himself, so maybe it will actually turn out good this time. And one of the things I like about this poster is Unbreakable being mentioned.

Release Date: June 7, 2013

Directed by: M. Night Shyamalan
Screenwriter: Stephen Gaghan, Gary Whitta
Starring: Jaden Smith, Will Smith

IMDB: After Earth (2013) - IMDb

After_Earth_poster.jpg

Well, the timeline shows humanity leveraging on alien technology from a UFO crash. Daft nonsense, I've had enough of that. Humans invented everything around us. No Sci Fi aliens needed for that.

They flash the current POTUS while the words are spoken about mankinds greatest achievements??? Um yeah not so much. LOL

And the standard issue earth is going to be sooooo polluted cause were all sooooo evil standard issue dystopian meme.

So not impressed so far.

But I suppose what happens in space is all that matters.

I would consider it as an alternate earth history and progress scenario similar to Watchmen, definitely a nice twist of sci-fi while still having elements from our current history and current events as well.

Yeah I'm looking forward to see what aspects of space they are going to deal with.

Yeah, it's nearly impossible for me to get interested/excited for anything involving Shyamalamadingdong.

I'll keep an eye out for more details, but I'm not expecting anything great.

I'll wait for DVD thanks. As said above , Shamylananana has disappointed me with every movie he's made after the sixth sense and it is way too similar to Titan A.E. from what I am seeing to make me go to a theater.

^^^^^^^^I am so glad I am not the only one who shares these thoughts^^^^^^^^^

In his brief work history, I really don't like Will's kid. Well, either of them. I feel they are being force fed down our throats by the power couple. As if Will is walking into studios and saying "I won't do X movie unless my daughter gets a record deal and a mandatory 9 billion hours on MTV/VH1, and my son is in 9 blockbuster movies".

I don't know if that is really happening, but all of his roles.......I just don't know. He seems to just take roles that require he whines a lot. But just the movies I've seen him in so far, I don't like him at all, and feel the only reason he is an actor is because he told his dad he wanted to be one, and dad pulled strings. If he was just a normal kid, he wouldn't be starring in Karate Kid remakes. He would be passed over due to his acting ability.

So I don't think I will be seeing this. At least not yet. But I do love Will Smith movies. Just keep the kids at home. Now I'm going to get back to whippin' my hair back and forth......

If he was just a normal kid, he wouldn't be starring in Karate Kid remakes. He would be passed over due to his acting ability

Come at least give it a chance.
And I would rather have some fresh talent coming in as well. However, that kid from the Airbender film was also a terrible actor.

It has alot going against it with Mr. Shamalot's name on it. Ever since the village I have just been embarrased. And Devil was a very safe flick IMO. A basic horror movie.

My sentiments precisely when it comes to the Smith children. Unfortunate since I think their dad actually does have a lot of talent!

In his brief work history, I really don't like Will's kid. Well, either of them. I feel they are being force fed down our throats by the power couple. As if Will is walking into studios and saying "I won't do X movie unless my daughter gets a record deal and a mandatory 9 billion hours on MTV/VH1, and my son is in 9 blockbuster movies".

I don't know if that is really happening, but all of his roles.......I just don't know. He seems to just take roles that require he whines a lot. But just the movies I've seen him in so far, I don't like him at all, and feel the only reason he is an actor is because he told his dad he wanted to be one, and dad pulled strings. If he was just a normal kid, he wouldn't be starring in Karate Kid remakes. He would be passed over due to his acting ability.

So I don't think I will be seeing this. At least not yet. But I do love Will Smith movies. Just keep the kids at home.

Come at least give it a chance.
And I would rather have some fresh talent coming in as well. However, that kid from the Airbender film was also a terrible actor.

It has alot going against it with Mr. Shamalot's name on it. Ever since the village I have just been embarrased. And Devil was a very safe flick IMO. A basic horror movie.

I remember seeing the Village in theaters. Me and a couple friends were really excited. We saw it, and when the twist happens, M. Night is in that scene....he appears to think the concept was as comedic as the audience did. Terribly disappointed.

No, I will see the movie most likely. But I really don't like Will's kids as actors. At least how force fed they were for a while. Since the Karate Kid, both Smith children seemed to be scaled back in all forms. But The Day The Earth.....was a bad movie, but somehow he was the worst part of it for me. Karate Kid felt so far removed from the original, I felt it wasn't even the same movie. They just used the Karate Kid name for some extra profits. His best movie was his first w/Will. The name escapes me, but the one where Will was a homeless guy just trying to make it, and Jaden played his son in the movie. That was great. From there......not so much.

Yeah, it's nearly impossible for me to get interested/excited for anything involving Shyamalamadingdong.

I'll keep an eye out for more details, but I'm not expecting anything great.

Sadly I haven't really liked anything he's done. I'll check it out on DVD but I agree that it sounds a lot like Titan AE.

Yeah when did Will Smith's kids suddenly become the in thing to cast? I already don't like kids in most movies and he's even worse.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back