Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. RPF Premium Member Star Wars Chick's Avatar
    From
    Arizona
    Nov 1, 2011, 7:10 PM - Re: Your 1st screen used prop and what got you into it? #151

Oh I am so glad you saw the Wampug! That's my girl!
  2. data-ad-slot="7839630230">
    data-ad-slot="9316363432">
  3. Banned
    From
    East coast
    Nov 1, 2011, 10:32 PM - Re: Your 1st screen used prop and what got you into it? #152

lol She rules

That was beyond funny thanks again you made my night
    From
    Seattle
    Nov 1, 2011, 11:41 PM - Re: Your 1st screen used prop and what got you into it? #153

Went in with my brother to buy the Bourne Identity red bag and bank box.

Love the movie and thought it would be cool to "share custody" of Jason Bournes' goods.

Currently own a stunt rifle w/bayonet from The Patriot.

A resin cast of Capt. Benjamin's tomahawk.

John Wayne era long rifle prop.

Graflex screen accurate Vader saber built with vintage original parts.

Currently custom building props from the Rocketeer.

Howard Hughes' Rocketeer blue prints.

1934 World's Fair Rocketeer poster.

Lifesize Wall-E on the back-burner.
  5. Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Nov 2, 2011, 4:38 PM - Re: Your 1st screen used prop and what got you into it? #154

My first screen used prop was Wesley snipes sword from Blade, also have one of his screen used spikes from Blade 2.
  6. Banned
    From
    East coast
    Nov 2, 2011, 6:01 PM - Re: Your 1st screen used prop and what got you into it? #155

[QUOTE=Spoons;1978079]My first screen used prop was Wesley snipes sword from Blade, also have one of his screen used spikes from Blade 2.[/QUOT

thats a big first like 5k big

Very cool .
  7. Banned
    From
    East coast
    Nov 2, 2011, 8:47 PM - Re: Your 1st screen used prop and what got you into it? #156

Star Wars Chick said: View Post
    Oh I am so glad you saw the Wampug! That's my girl!
    How did she do on her big night ?

Our Halloween was canceled do to having about 96 pct of our town with out power .

Its fun filling a generator at 3 am in 20 degree weather felt like I was in The Thing lol .
  8. RPF Premium Member Star Wars Chick's Avatar
    From
    Arizona
    Nov 3, 2011, 11:20 AM - Re: Your 1st screen used prop and what got you into it? #157

We actually didn't do anything as Petco and Petsmart had already had their contests a week or so ago- I called around asking if they were doing anything and they already had So we took pictures and celebrated her celebrity on the internet
  9. Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Nov 3, 2011, 3:32 PM - Re: Your 1st screen used prop and what got you into it? #158

[QUOTE=ThePhoenix;1978253]
    Spoons said: View Post
    My first screen used prop was Wesley snipes sword from Blade, also have one of his screen used spikes from Blade 2.[/QUOT

thats a big first like 5k big

Very cool .
    Not quite as bad as that but wasn't cheap!
  10. Banned
    From
    East coast
    Nov 5, 2011, 9:53 AM - Re: Your 1st screen used prop and what got you into it? #159

[QUOTE=Spoons;1980071]
    ThePhoenix said: View Post

Not quite as bad as that but wasn't cheap!
    Right on they were so HOT around 5 yrs ago but the prices on the Blade stuff has come down . Its a killer piece congrats . I think the prop store and screen used were selling them for around that back then. Actually SU has a fx one for 6k
    Though the Hero is the one to have . I used to have a few original Blade bits His screen stunt gun with killer paper work also a Edta dart and a few Hero spikes .

The stunt was one i regret selling . Even in todays Blade market under 5k is a good deal . Maybe Blade will come back after he gets out of the cooler
  11. Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Nov 5, 2011, 9:11 PM - Re: Your 1st screen used prop and what got you into it? #160

That's exactly what I was thinking!

Is he in for 4 years?
  12. Banned
    From
    East coast
    Nov 5, 2011, 11:50 PM - Re: Your 1st screen used prop and what got you into it? #161

July 19 2013 He will be the Daywalker again

I still am shocked they put him way for that long after he paid government
    what he owed . They wanted to make an example out of Blade.

There is going to be a blade 4 watch and see.
    They have to bring it back after trinity
  13. Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Nov 6, 2011, 11:40 AM - Re: Your 1st screen used prop and what got you into it? #162

Yeah!

I think I'll hang onto my Blade stuff until (if) he makes the next film, should be worth more then
    From
    Altoona, Alabama USA
    Nov 7, 2011, 1:28 AM - Re: Your 1st screen used prop and what got you into it? #163

My first screen used prop was a pair of License Plates from the Star Trek Enterprise episode "Carpenter Street".
    They are the plates that were used on Loomis' car.

15. RPF Premium Member ForgeHyena's Avatar
    From
    Under My Bed
    Feb 2, 2012, 2:14 PM - Re: Your 1st screen used prop and what got you into it? #164

My first prop was from the Stargate movie: Anubis' 'ring device' caller that's seen on his hand in the movie.

As far as why, I've always been a HUGE movie buff. Once I found out you could actually 'own' things from your favorite movie I was hooked.
    From
    USA
    Feb 28, 2012, 3:21 PM - Re: Your 1st screen used prop and what got you into it? #165

Nearly 10 years ago, a friend of mine called me up (Bjorn on this forum) and says that he wants to come down to my shop to help him make some molds of a couple pieces he had access to. When he gets to my shop, he pulls out Worf's sash from TNG, and he wanted to make casts of the two medallions attached to it.

A friend of his in Utah is a major collector of screen used Star Trek props, and he was on the set the last day of shooting for the show. The prop guy walks up to Dorn, talks the sash off, turns around and hands it to this guy in Utah. Bjorn gets the sash and we take the medallion pieces off and made molds. Thenn he made wax casts and had a foundry make metal pieces.

Though it wasn't my sash or my medallions, it was pretty cool working with a screen used prop.

Oh, and the Vader helmet tusks in Episode 3 came from me. I sold them to Pwrsrce who sold them to ILM via Don Bies. I still have some left from a run, so in a roundabout way, I have screen used Vader tusks.
    From
    Carencro, LA
    Feb 29, 2012, 6:41 AM - Re: Your 1st screen used prop and what got you into it? #166

My first screen used prop: the customized Corvette Stingray from Corvette Summer.
    From
    USA
    Mar 10, 2012, 12:03 AM - Re: Your 1st screen used prop and what got you into it? #167

Ok,

Mine is pretty boring an straight forward. I had been working with a few props and a lot of replicas back in the 90's. I knew most screen-used were out of reach and were really hard to find...then came ebay and things got esier to find! The prices skyrocketed, but still easier to locate.

After a few years of searching for something interesting and affordable, I saw it.

It was an original Buck Rogers Earth Defense Directorate Blaster from the film/pilot/first season. I got it with almost no opposition! I had thought it would be impossible to get a really desirable piece reasonably, but timing was the key in this case.

After that, I got odd stuff like a piece of the Blade Runner set that was being discarded when Union Station was being refurbished.

One thing I would like to get is the Uncle Martin Saucer I made for Sci Fi Buzz on the Sci Fi Channel.
  19. Member Since
    Mar 2012
    Mar 31, 2012, 6:39 PM - Re: Your 1st screen used prop and what got you into it? #168

Screen accurate (as possible) Proton Pack.

Always been my childhood dream to strap on my own unlicensed nuclear accelerator.
  20. Member Since
    Mar 2012
    Apr 1, 2012, 12:35 AM - Re: Your 1st screen used prop and what got you into it? #169

I just got into Star Trek props and screen used wardrobe. I got a jumpsuit from Stat Trek the motion picture, a monster maroon undershirt Mr Adventure Star Trek 3 still looking for the rest lol, the gray and black jumpsuit that brent spinner wore underwater in Insurrection, a DS9/Voyager jumpsuit, two jumpsuits from Enterprise one from In a Mirror Darkly and the last episode worn by a asian female. Props I have a Klingon knife from Enterprise the episode The augments, a dabo chip, a turbo lift tag from First Contact, also from First Contact a flight manual I think there is more but can't think of them right now lol.

Brian
  21. Member Since
    Feb 2012
    From
    Chicagoland!
    Apr 12, 2012, 11:07 AM - Re: Your 1st screen used prop and what got you into it? #170

I have many replica items, as a Star Wars fan....the original props are so darn expensive!! But since I started, I got my first original piece - a piece of the actual model that was the Death Star from ANH - which was pricey for just a piece, but since it was a gift, it will always be treasured!! As it stands, I've pretty much stuck to replicas (more bang for my buck!) but every once in awhile I price out some originals.....I enjoyed reading the responses on this thread!
    From
    south east
    May 31, 2012, 12:07 AM - Re: Your 1st screen used prop and what got you into it? #171

i gues my first screen used prop would be the business cards for the movie dragnet. second screen prop would be business card from white collar autographed bye tim dekay. i started collecting law enforcement memorabilia over 20 years ago when i got into serving in law enforcement. at the time i was collecting badges,patches etc and collecting badges and patches from cop shows too. i have a big collection of real law enforcement stuff. for movies and tv i have some photos, patches, badges and id cards. nothing screen used outside of the business cards.
    bbl
    May 31, 2012, 4:16 PM - #172

I am still looking for my first. Hope to find something indiana jones related. I was offered one item, but the price was too high.
  24. jtetlak
    Jun 12, 2012, 12:36 PM - Re: Your 1st screen used prop and what got you into it? #173

First piece was a pair of coins used in Goonies and picked up for use in Hook. Wish I never got rid of them!
    From
    Helsinki
    Sep 3, 2012, 1:17 PM - Re: Your 1st screen used prop and what got you into it? #174

Hey guys,

I just have to take part in this thread because a couple of weeks ago I got my first screen used prop. It's Star Wars, no less.

On the 15th of August, 2001, the Art of Star Wars exhibition opened in Helsinki, Finland, with two very special guests visiting the premiere night: Anthony Daniels and Lorne Peterson. With Mr. Peterson I had a wonderful, albeit brief moment discussing the Tantive IV model (unfortunately not present at the exhibition) and the Jawa Sandcrawler, which, according to Mr. Peterson, was built on a frame made of Finnish birch plywood!

Coincidentally, exactly 11 years later a friend of mine casually told me that Mr. Peterson had given him two q-tips that night. The two q-tips were used along with gazillion others for creating the mass of spectators for the Mos Espa pod race scene in The Phantom Menace. To my big surprise my friend then gave me one of the q-tips.

Ta-daa, here it is, my genuine screen used Star Wars prop: a q-tip from Mos Espa.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rpf1.jpg  
  26. Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Sep 15, 2012, 8:50 AM - Re: Your 1st screen used prop and what got you into it? #175

Hi guys,
    I love Back to the future and I will only collect props/wardrobe from the trilogy.
    My first prop was:

~GRAYS SPORTS ALMANAC~
    Artifacts of Hill Valley: Future (2015)

I didn't know you can actually collect movie props so I got my almanac and couldn't stop collecting...Check out the link to my BTTF website.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast