What movie is this prop from? The Mummy?

PropElite

Bumped into a local guy who is trying to sell this prop, and it really has sparked my interest! This is how he described it : Possible movie prop from warner brothers studios...weird one of a kind item... 6 foot long about 3 feet high.. Golden Egyptian Sphinx with great detail made of fiberglass. Was given to us after filming of Arthur because it sustained some damage to the top of head which looks like there was an attempt to fix it? . Possibly a prop from the movie Night At The Museum and or The Mummy. I attached some pictures. Can any of the pros here help me identify this prop and help try to confirm what movie (if any) that it was used in?

I Can't place it. If its in the mummy movies than I have a few scenes that it may be in.

1. The museum when the map is found / burned
2. The treasure room that beni is stealing & gets locked in.

The mummy returns
1. The flash back sai fight with the girls.

If not, could be from nothing to everything done with that theme.

Good luck.

Is there any studio information on the bottom or any markings like MGM?
I feel like I saw one the episode of Psych where they investigate a missing mummy at a musuem or it looks like one from the Val Kilmer Ten Commandments musical

Confirmed that its not in the mummy returns, and I am still looking into the other 2 mummy movies. I will also ask him if there are any markings on the bottom.

I think you will also find that figures like this are commercially available from a number of retailers as decorator items:

T-OTSPBSphinx.jpg

GrandGildedEgyptianSphinxStatue-GrandGildedEgyptianSphinxStatue.jpg

Having studio identification numbers would be important, IMO.

rick

This is interesting, who sells them? What kind of retail value do they have? I am waiting for a reply back from him to confirm some more information.

Just Google Fiberglass Sphinx and you will find numerous sizes and prices. One of those shown above was 85 inches long.

BTW, WB property have stick on bar code labels. Even the 'ancient' pieces from 80 years ago, when re-inventoried, now have them.

All film studio prop stores use barcode scanning. of one form or another on their items to track and trace all items in a production , so check the item for a code. my best guess 'Night at the Museum' filler

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back