Starwares Collectibles, reputation.

etrigan69

I was checking out ebay one day and being a huge Freddy fan I stumbled across an auction for the Freddy glove used at the end of "Jason Goes to Hell". The asking price was $15,000. To me it looked like a Part 5 glove. After doing a quick comparison to some movie stills of the scene I quickly realized it couldn't be the same glove. I posted to Springwood Slasher Forum and the more expert members there agreed.

fredcompair.jpg

Not too long afterward that the auction was pulled. I thought possibly it was an honest mistake. Then I noticed a Freddy sweater they have up too. While the tags look possibly authentic, the sweater is off. Freddy Krueger sweater worn in Nightmare on Elm Street | eBay

I did a search here for "starwares" to check their reputation here, and didn't come up with much.

Well today I was informed of this. Original Nightmare on Elm Street Part 5 “Freddy” Gloves Update : The Original Prop Blog – Jason DeBord's TV and Movie Prop Memorabilia Resource

Without DNA testing I guess it is possible this was somehow an honest mistake, but it's getting harder to see how.

So I am wondering what kind of interaction members here have had with Starwares good or bad. Any information?

They used to be great, but nowadays - if I want something screen used, I'd go elsewhere. If wanted something pretending to be a big name item...get it from them!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back