Space Battleship ヤマト Yamato

Jet Beetle

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
While visiting Japan this year my 5yr old daughter had one thing on her mind -- Hello Kitty Land. So, as much as it pained my son, a day would be spent revisiting (we had to go last year as well) the park - giving up a day of toy and kit hunting, which my little girl puts up with all the time . Yep, this would be her day -- or so she believed.
IMG_2593rs.jpg

Once inside we rode the rides and ate custard cakes and candy, then we turned a corner and BOING! There was the display - don't ask me what this was doing in a place filled with talking cupcakes and magic shoes - but to both me and my son it was like an oasis.

These are the actual costumes and props used the new movie. Luckily my Japanese has gotten good enough that i learned from the man next to me (who was also taking pictures) that the props were on tour in Japan - and somewhere there was a 14ft long version of the Yamato out on display - if you found that, you could enter your name to WIN THE DARN THING!!! sigh. Anyway - here are the pics i managed to get while my daughter was pulling on my shirt - hope you like them.

IMG_2491rs.jpg

IMG_2507rs.jpg

IMG_2503rs.jpg

IMG_2493rs.jpg

IMG_2478rs.jpg

IMG_2508rs.jpg

IMG_2513rs.jpg

IMG_2497rs.jpg

IMG_2489rs.jpg

IMG_2480rs.jpg

IMG_2488rs.jpg

IMG_2485rs.jpg

IMG_2481rs.jpg

IMG_2521rs.jpg

IMG_2520rs.jpg

IMG_2524rs.jpg

IMG_2516rs.jpg

Well the :eek was to express my wonderment, and the rest was to fill out the six character limit so I could post it. :lol

I am looking forward to this movie! :D

Well the :eek was to express my wonderment, and the rest was to fill out the six character limit so I could post it. :lol

I am looking forward to this movie! :D

OH that is funny - when i replied to you I tried to put just "wha" and had to fill in "What cho mean" - :lol:lol:lol

Coolness!! Dunno why they had to go with projectile weapons instead of laser pistols.
And Nova/Yuki Mori was French, I thought...

Oh, to have that 14' Yamato...drool.

That's some pretty awesome stuff. I was hoping there would be a few pictures of the pistols they carry to see how much of the original version (which looks pretty awesome as a resin model) was kept in the movie version.

I so want to see this.. I remember watching it in the mornings before school. I have a couple modles I have not built. Too bad it's not going to be here in the US :cry

I wonder if the Japanese production company making this realize they have such a ready made and willing global market for their product?

Give it time... If it does well (as I assume it will), some US distributor will pick it up. At the very least, watch the Anime conventions next year, I bet it shows up in at least one of them... (Hopefully Anime Expo).

(Of course, subtitled versions I'm sure will turn up on the internet soon enough...)

Looks like we'll have to wait for it to come out and see. At least more pictures. I would love to see the merchandizing they are doing for this..

Cool pics! The bronzish box with the latches and handles on the side is a US Military food container; a Mermite.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back