Hunger Games Auction: Katniss hunting jacket photo match

Thought this may be of interest to members:

On November 16th, Blacksparrow Auctions is holding an unprecedented auction of original screen used costumes from the hit film, "The Hunger Games" starring Academy Award winning actress, Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen.

One of the many costumes being auctioned is one of the hunting jackets, worn by Miss Lawrence as Katniss . Upon looking at the online photos of the jacket, lot #225, on the liveauctioneers website, I noticed details of the jacket that literally matched the jacket worn in publicity posters for "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" by Miss Lawrence. The hero hunting jacket used in both films is also being auctioned and is lot #18.

Below is the auction description for lot #225:

Katniss Hunting Jacket from The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Poster. Custom brown leather jacket made for Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss in The Hunger Games. In addition to being worn in the first Hunger Games film, this jacket was also sent to Hawaii with the previous lot for use in the photo shoot for the poster for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.

AuctionJacketandPosters-761x1024.jpg

While screen matching is not possible most of the time, when it is, it further enhances the authenticity of an item as well as enhances the coolness factor of any prop, costume, or set piece used for a film.

KatnissJacketAuctionScreenMatchEM.jpg

The auction of over 200 original costumes and accessories from the hit film is taking place November 16th in California at 10888 La Tuna Canyon Road, Suite “L”, Sun Valley, CA 91352. Interested fans and bidders can attend the auction live and bid in person, by phone, and by internet.

Blacksparrow is also taking part a food drive with The Los Angeles Regional Food Bank to provide meals to families in need, so be sure to donate!

Call (323)250-3980 for additional information.

More photo and screen matching articles can be accessed here and here.

*Some content© Lionsgate, Entertainment Minute, and their respective owners.

Whilst I applaud the work it had to be the one. In the description it states this is the jacket sent to Hawaii for the poster. I guess I just figured it would be a total match. Thanks for the photos though.

Whilst I applaud the work it had to be the one. In the description it states this is the jacket sent to Hawaii for the poster. I guess I just figured it would be a total match. Thanks for the photos though.

Right Mark it does say that. So I compared photos, verified it was as described in the catalog, and wrote about it.

Since I just received the auction catalog I purchased, I thought I would provide additional information that may be of interest to you.

Also was surprised not to see any screencaps but I guess thats because they can't use them.

The catalog has an appendix in the back about the costumes. There are many references to the costumes being auctioned in "The Hunger Games: Official Illustrated Movie Companion" book that came with the catalog I ordered.

Hope that helps you.

P.S.

FYI the contest hasnt started yet.

Ill try it tonight and see.

Did you finally get your computer fixed and were you able to access the contest to enter?

Yep I left it overnight and entered then. I think it was so early the contest hadn't quite started.

What do you think of the prices. I was surprised to see as of today only 3 bids had been made on icollector so far.

Yep I left it overnight and entered then. I think it was so early the contest hadn't quite started.

What do you think of the prices. I was surprised to see as of today only 3 bids had been made on icollector so far.

I think many of the start prices are reasonable. Quite a few starting at $100, with some containing multiple costumes such as lot #208 which includes four women's tops.

You're right about icollector Mark. I think it's because icollector has been up for only a few days, so it makes sense there are only 3 bids right now. However, at this moment on liveauctioneers, the are over 50 bids, 32 on page 1, and 20 on page 2, for a total of 52 bids when you choose 100 lots per page.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back