Star Trek: The Next Generation

Cmdr.Kerner

Master Member
Re: Free Paper Prop Thread #4 - 2009

Just a suggestion, instead of "Grand Cruclassi" you should've wrote "Grand Cru Classé".
And "Appellation Labarre Contrôlée" instead of "Appellation Labarre Controllee".

Make this little adjustments and it would be perfect. ;)

Thanks for the corrections JKKS,

I also added a little light brown in the background.

Dietrich

ChateauPicard-1.png
[/IMG]

As there was already a TNG thread I merged yours with this one, and interesting enough, it has the Picard label that you are looking for. :D

Has anyone printed the Picard label? It either prints to small or way to large
depending on the program I use. Is there a trick to it?

It opened up small in photoshop and huge in illustrator.

Photoshop has an option that shows a set of "rulers" along the top and left edges of your workspace. once activated they'll show you what the printsize will be. It may look small but it'll show you the true print size.

The file in Photoshop came up as:

Width 2.724 in.
Height 3.414 in.
Resolution 299.974 pixels/inch

Not sure if that's close to correct or not. I'm not (yet) planning to put this on a bottle. I just wanted to have it to archive.

But, if you know what size it should be, it's simple to change it.

That sounds acceptable depending on the bottle. You can adjust the print size to whatever you want in Photoshop though.

Has anyone printed the Picard label? It either prints to small or way to large
depending on the program I use. Is there a trick to it?

The way I usually do it is to save the image as a jpeg and import it to Microsoft Word or similar program. Once the image is imported it can be resized easily without losing much resolution. This may not be the best option but it has worked well for me in the past.

-John

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Free Paper Prop Thread #4 - 2009

Thanks for the corrections JKKS,

I also added a little light brown in the background.

Dietrich
Also as a second choice of wine label: Chateau Picard label on DailyTrek.de Vector Archive by Marcus Busch

I remembered then the heavy downloads of the RPF that Marcus told me :D. Meanwhile as you can see, it has been moved to the archive and is not limited anymore...

BTW: The corrections may be "right" in real-life sense (J'aussi parlé français), but not screen-accurate. On the dailytrek site in the archive, there are pictures of the prop, which was featured for a short time on FedCon Germany. Click on "Bild 1" and "Bild 2". Bild 3 and 4 are the real-life Chateau Picard, of course not related to our favourite captain.

Last edited:
Klingon Warrior Academy Certificate

Hi guys,

here's something I just finished: Three different Klingon warrior academy certificates. Two of them with space to fill in your own name.

The fonts are called "Klingon Script" and "Klinzhai"

DuJ TvoQ TaH

Dietrich

Very nicely done. Creative and unique. I miss the Next Generation.

Thanks for the share and inspiration.

Best,
DBCooper

Qapla' !

Very nicely done. Creative and unique. I miss the Next Generation.

Thanks for the share and inspiration.

Best,
DBCooper

Qapla' !

No problem DBCooper, you're welcome. With the text I had the help of Unkle_Kahn from the Klingon-Empire.org.

Unfortunately there is no special TV show from the Klingon Empire, so I put this in the same time frame like the Next Generation.

Do you mean the certificate Cmdr. Riker got in one of the episodes (see attached pic)?

You can download a Starfleet Academy Certificate for free in my gallery

CmdrKerner's Gallery

So long and keep on trekking

Dietrich

KlingonWarriorAcademyQonosfont.png
[/IMG]

Hi guys,

attached is another version in the Q'onos font which is more in the Next Generation time frame.

Between the inner blades is space for your own name.

Enjoy

Dietrich

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back