Ration cards Food - Fuel - Clothing

greylocke

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I am working on a small project and I'm hoping someone can help.

I'm trying to update a ration book to a post apocalyptic one. With sections for food, fuel, dairy, sugar, etc to be printed and hand bound. I'm also trying to come up with a modernized ID card as shown in one of the PDF's and one of the pics. Below are the ones I've found mostly from World War Two in both the UK and US. I've printed off two of the PDF ration cards and after cutting them on my paper cutter they don't line up properly requiring many different cuts.

Is there any way to update these and clean them up so anyone here can use them?

View attachment 141071

View attachment 141072

View attachment 141073

View attachment 141074

View attachment 141075

View attachment 141076

View attachment 141077

View attachment 141078

View attachment 141079

View attachment 141080

View attachment 141085

View attachment 141086

View attachment 141087

View attachment 141088

View attachment 141089

View attachment 141090

View attachment 141091

View attachment 141092

View attachment 141093

View attachment 141094

Wow that's an impressive collection in itself. Hopefully one of the photoshop gurus on here can help you out.

Thank you, that's about 9 hours of searching for scans clear and legible enough that they could be used. The 8 books I've already printed off my kids think are insane, when I explained how they were used during the war. The way they eat though I might use them to try to teach them not to waste food.

Not quite sure what you are looking for. Would this be something that would be issued in a Vault to the residents? What purpose would the Ration book serve? If I had a better idea of what you were looking for I might be able to help you.

thomas;)

Not quite sure what you are looking for. Would this be something that would be issued in a Vault to the residents? What purpose would the Ration book serve? If I had a better idea of what you were looking for I might be able to help you.

thomas;)

Story I'm working on, has closed cities divided into sectors. Rationbook would only be good in that city in that sector, I figured in there was blank area for either a stamped or handwritten serial number and blank areas for city/sector. I've been trying to find pics of the old occupation currency that had fuel ration coupons on them as well to go with this.

In the story there are closed cities, highly restricted access type, open cities minimal restrictions and free cities no holds barred blackmarket type stuff.

Hi greylocke, I didn't know if this was like what you were looking for.

20394-cover.jpg
[/IMG]

View attachment 141818

View attachment 141819

View attachment 141820

Sorry, work has been keeping me busy. Here is the grey version of the ration covers. I made one for each sector. Was there any changes you wanted done to the interior pages?

Sorry, work has been keeping me busy. Here is the grey version of the ration covers. I made one for each sector. Was there any changes you wanted done to the interior pages?

Those look perfect. Thank you. The insides are also perfect.

You should seriously get a job in design. You really did a good job.

Having an issue printing on card stock with my inkjet printer. The ink is smearing even after sitting undisturbed for several days. I'm using a Canon MP190 Printer. And the ink won't set on the heavier cardstock. Any suggestions?

you can try lightly sanding the surface of the card first using some car grade 1200 sandpaper used for 'final finish' just to take the surface off. then you just let it sit fer 24 hrs and then seal it with a very light coat of craft spray (Plasti-cote) or similar.This will put the top back on and It then should be fine.

Having an issue printing on card stock with my inkjet printer. The ink is smearing even after sitting undisturbed for several days. I'm using a Canon MP190 Printer. And the ink won't set on the heavier cardstock. Any suggestions?

I've had to have repro game manuals i put on cardstock dry for a week with my cannon pixma. Sometimes i swear it's the ink. I know this one won't print on decal paper worth a damn even after prepping it.

I've had to have repro game manuals i put on cardstock dry for a week with my cannon pixma. Sometimes i swear it's the ink. I know this one won't print on decal paper worth a damn even after prepping it.

Well crud. I wonder if I try the hot iron trick it will help.

Is your card stock glossy, coated paper, or matte? That might have something to do with it.

Regarding ration cards in general, WWII re-enactors have some DIY ones available, if you look.

Also, attached to this post is one of the ration cards the US Government printed up in the 70's during the oil embargo - they almost rationed gasoline again.

Good luck!

-Mike J.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back