Previous Free paper-prop threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Kris@Feb 11 2006, 08:27 PM
Good idea. What do you think of the layout ?
[snapback]1182165[/snapback]​

Kris... First off, thank you for making the site and for offering to host all of the files as it seems that some are dropping off the radar.

Secondly, I'd vote for the zip files but they can still be hotlinked to. There is usually a way, via your host, to prevent off-site linking. This is a far better solution.

Thanks again.

Not that I oppose the free paper props being available on a site but I think it could add to the problem of less than ethical people taking the files and selling copies on ebay and such. If we keep them here doesn't that mean that only RPF members can see them, or can anyone surf in and see this thread?

Originally posted by dr_slurpee@Feb 11 2006, 09:54 PM
Not that I oppose the free paper props being available on a site but I think it could add to the problem of less than ethical people taking the files and selling copies on ebay and such. If we keep them here doesn't that mean that only RPF members can see them, or can anyone surf in and see this thread?
[snapback]1182199[/snapback]​

You only have to be a member to post or to access the OT as far as I recall. I lurked here quite awhile before joining. Problem with leaving them here is that as many times as we've asked the MODs to archive this thread some of the attachments are gone and some of the off-site linked items have been either deleted or removed for lack of space. It would be nice to see these archived somewhere.

I certainly agree that it would be nice to archive the files so that future generations can enjoy such great freebies...I just would hate to see someone abuse a "one stop shop" for free paper props and start selling them on ebay...perhaps I am being paranoid.

Why not still make them free but have them password protedted? You'd have to be an RPF member to get a password and all that we'd have to do is PM you for one. that way, you see who has access and it makes it tougher for the ones who want to steal and sell to gain access.

There is NO effective way to stop hotlinking .. trust me.

Passport protected would be interesting, but then again, it would be just another RPF only site. and I'm kinda trying to avoid that. But gimme some more days to recover.

perhaps I am being paranoid.

If it happens, it happens. Can't be stopped and when you release something to the public, for free, you are taking that chance. I don't think it should really stop any of from sharing our work. I hope not. It won't stop me from posting more free stuff in this thread, I know that. :D

Njc---------------

Here's a Chocolate Frog box from the philosopher's stone I never got around to really finishing. I still have the original PSD files if someone is up to finishing this up and sharing. I've never been that much of a photoshop person.
It looks quite decent once printed. I had to downsize the image as it was way too huge. First file is top of box, next file is bottom (minus the gold foil with stars). enjoy and let me know what you think of it. The bottom you have to enlarge to about 400%. It keeps it's sharpness so not sure why the small image thing happened. If someone out there has a better way to host these files, let me know. I can supply you with the larger ones.

http://www.freefileupload.net/file.php?fil...hilosophers.pdf

http://www.freefileupload.net/file.php?fil...late+bottom.pdf

share some pics of them once they're printed and folded. i'd like to see how they come out. i've included a screen cap so you guys have an idea at what size to print it at.

enjoy. :)

Here's one more thing I found on my computer. It's the text from the front of the Hogwart's envelope harry gets. I know these'll probably make their way eventually to ebay, but I've gotten so much from you guys it'd be wrong not to share.

I also had to shrink it down a bit. if someone can host the large file, let me know.

Looking great, Kris. This is a great idea, glad to see someone taking it and running.

I know you probably don't/won't, but if you ever need mirrors or help with any hosting, let me know...that bigass dedicated web server of mine still sits largely idle these days. :)

Does anyone have the Strike Team Card from The Shield? I found a post about it in this thread but the image was a broken link. Thanks in advance.

I want my two dollars. Yes, I continue to learn Illustrator.

Today's prop is (finally) a freebie. And, if you don't know what movie this paper prop is from, you don't deserve it.

Here's a screenshot:
101054386_b94f7395cb.jpg

And a jpg of the PDF you can download here.

Edit: Upon closer inspection, I think the original does have the white shadow, it's just not as obvious. Great job.

Originally posted by juno@Feb 18 2006, 02:20 AM
I want my two dollars.  Yes, I continue to learn Illustrator. 

Today's prop is (finally) a freebie.  And, if you don't know what movie this paper prop is from, you don't deserve it.

Here's a screenshot:
101054386_b94f7395cb.jpg

And a jpg of the PDF you can download here.

[snapback]1187558[/snapback]​

Now where is the "How to Pick Up Trashy Women" pamphlet???

Oh BTW, I want my two dollars. :lol

Love that movie more than any other '80s comedy although One Crazy Summer comes close and that's probably due to the Cusack connection.

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back